Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 25, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 25, 2006
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 25, 2006

      Greater than John the Baptist!

      "Truly, I say to you, among those born of women there
      has risen no one greater than John the Baptist; yet
      they who are least in the kingdom of heaven are
      greater than he."
      Matthew 11:11

      After John's disciples are gone, Jesus begins teaching
      (Matthew 11:7-19). There is much to ponder. John the
      Baptist is God's honored prophet sent to announce the
      Messiah's coming. He was God's very special messenger
      and worthy of great honor, not imprisonment. Then
      Jesus said something astonishing. Even the least in
      heaven is greater than John the Baptist.

      Sometimes we doubt our value to Christ. He loved and
      respected John the Baptist. John was a spiritual giant
      and great prophet. He has a very special place in
      heaven. Yet we too, have enormous value to God.

      God, thank you for valuing us. Help us have the faith
      of John the Baptist.

      "Living as the Beloved" is available for $20.95 each
      $15.75 each plus shipping and handing. You can find

      Subscribe to the Chi Rho Connection, our free