Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 28, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , May 28, 2006
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 28, 2006

      In sheep's clothing

      "'Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's
      clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will
      know them by their fruits. Are grapes gathered from
      thorns, or figs from thistles?'"
      Matthew 7:15-16

      Not all who claim to be prophets, priests, ministers,
      chaplains, doers of good are who they appear to be.
      This is certainly true on the Internet. It can be
      very confusing to determine who is authentic and who
      is false. Not all Web pages offer truth. Imposters
      and predatory people will ask for money, credit card
      numbers, and other personal information to take
      advantage of trusting, gullible, and vulnerable
      people. There is a dark side in life and on-line
      encounters are not immune to it.

      Watch out for phonies and fakes, Jesus reminds us.
      Take time to thoroughly investigate and research
      references from self-proclaimed spiritual leaders.
      Be careful. Not everyone is what he or she initially
      appears to be. Caution, discretion, and prudence may
      save us a great deal of remorse and heartache. Check
      professional and personal references before risking
      your soul to strangers.

      Jesus never took advantage of vulnerable people. He
      always told the truth. He never cheated, schemed, or
      presented false claims. He had integrity and honesty
      as his lifestyle. He did not build an earthly power
      structure, but devoted himself to God's rule on earth.

      God, give us wisdom and insight to recognize authentic
      spiritual leaders, mentors, and friends. Protect us
      from danger hidden in sheep's clothing.

      "Living as the Beloved" is available for $20.95 each
      $15.75 each plus shipping and handing. You can find

      Subscribe to the Chi Rho Connection, our free