Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 7, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , May 6 7:45 PM
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 7, 2006

      **********

      Please become a Guardian Angel of Chi Rho Press.
      We need your prayers and your financial assistance.
      Go to http://www.chirhopress.com/sponsor.html.
      Thank you!

      Personal prayer closets

      "But when you pray, go into your room and shut the
      door and pray to your Father who is in secret; and
      our Father who sees in secret will reward you. 'And
      in praying do not heap up empty phrases as the Gentiles
      do; for they think that they will be heard for their
      many words.'"
      Matthew 6:6-7

      Everyone needs some kind of a personal prayer closet.
      This does not mean we are to literally go into our
      closets to pray, but we do need quiet and somewhat
      secluded places where we can be alone with God
      privately. We need these prayer sanctuaries. We
      can weep, shout, rage, laugh, or pray with feelings
      too deep for words in our special prayer place.
      These are places just for God, places where we can
      be ourselves and not hide anything, places where we
      meet God, places where we can be ourselves and not
      hide or hold back anything. These prayer places help
      us hear God's whisper in our hearts. Prayer closets
      can be our gardens, cars, garages, attics, basements,
      quiet park benches, in the forests or mountains, or
      along the beach. In these secret prayer places,
      God-seekers often find relief, renewal, and divine
      resources.

      We can relax as beloved children and be safe with God
      in our prayer closets. Celebrate these prayer places
      by enjoying your connection to God. You will be
      empowered for life. Expect God to hear you. Even
      better, wait for God to answer.

      Oh God, thank you for hearing our prayers. Help us
      find quiet places for prayer. Amen.

      "Living as the Beloved" is available for $20.95 each
      $15.75 each plus shipping and handing. You can find

      Subscribe to the Chi Rho Connection, our free