Chi Rho Press' 34th eNewsletter

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2000
      Thirty-fourth eNewsletter
      Fifth Special Holiday Edition

      *************************

      Happy Holidays! And especially, Happy New Year! Welcome once again to the
      Chi
      Rho Press eNewsletter. Thank you for passing this eNewsletter on to others.

      To join our list, send an e-mail message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com.

      Direct all other e-mail to Adam@.... See the end of this
      eNewsletter for a complete list of e-mail addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      1. January White (Paper) Sale!
      2. Board Member Bio: Rev. Clay Witt
      3. Would You Make a Gift to Your Press?

      1. January White (Paper) SALE!

      The Chi Rho Press Board of Directors has authorized a special sale in the
      month
      of January 2001. We are calling it our January White (Paper) SALE!

      For all paid orders received through snail mail and postmarked in January
      2001,
      we will pay the shipping and handling.

      We want to make a special gift to readers of this eNewsletter so rather than
      changing the Web page shopping cart, this sale is only for prepaid orders sent
      to us via snail mail.

      You can use our web page as your Chi Rho Press catalog. Just choose as many
      books, handouts, stained glass, or other products as you want from that you
      find on our Web page (http://www.ChiRhoPress.com). If you would prefer a
      printed copy of our catalog, just email us with your mailing address.

      Jot down a list of the items you want in a letter to us. Figure the cost of
      the items, and send a check or money order for that amount. Don�t add
      shipping
      and handling, we will pick up the tab for that!

      Again, this is only for prepaid orders, sent to our mailing address (P.O. Box
      7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898), in the month of January 2001.

      Of course, if you prefer, you may still order on our Web page, using our
      convenient shopping cart and paying with your credit card, but shipping and
      handling will be included in your charges.

      We look forward to hearing from you!

      2. Board Member Bio: Rev. Clay Witt

      We are starting a series of biographies of people associated with Chi Rho
      Press. We will begin with the board of directors and staff and move on to our
      current authors.

      As our first biography, let us introduce you to the Rev. Clay Witt, a long
      term
      member and vice moderator of the board of directors of Chi Rho Press.

      The Rev. Clay Witt is originally from eastern Tennessee, where he grew up and
      received his initial education, graduating from the University of Tennessee
      College of Law in 1966. After six years in the military and two years of
      private practice in California, he came to Washington in 1976 to accept
      employment as an attorney with the Department of Veterans Affairs, a position
      he still holds.

      Clay has a long line of ancestors who were Baptist ministers, but he grew
      up in
      the Methodist faith. He was active in the Protestant chapel program as a
      layman while serving with the armed forces and later experienced worshiping
      with Roman Catholic congregations in the 1980s as he searched for the
      permanent
      church home he eventually found in the Metropolitan Community Churches. He
      entered Wesley Theological Seminary, Washington, DC, in 1991 when he felt God
      calling him to ministry. He graduated from Wesley and was ordained in the
      UFMCC in 1996.

      Following his graduation from Wesley, Clay was active as a Pastoral Assistant
      at MCC of Washington DC. In that capacity, he helped with the Christian
      education program and many other areas of church life. He was appointed as a
      Parish Extension Coordinator in 1998 and helped to establish a parish
      extension
      of MCC Washington in suburban Maryland.

      In addition to his secular employment, Clay is currently serving as the
      Pastor/Parish Extension Coordinator of Holy Redeemer MCC in College Park,
      Maryland. His passion is helping to bring more and more people in our
      community to the firm knowledge that they are God�s beloved children.

      3. Would You Make a Gift to Your Press?

      Would you consider helping by making a year-end gift to Chi Rho Press? You
      might also want to pledge a monthly gift to Chi Rho Press during the new year.

      If you can make a contribution, please send your check or money order to us at
      Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898. Your gift will be an
      important element in our continued success.

      As always, we also ask for your prayers as we continue in this non-profit
      ministry. Thank you!

      4. Adam's Last Word.

      The twentieth century and the second millennium of the Christian era is ending
      this week. I know, I know, there was all this fuss last year at this time:
      and
      that was quite valid. If computers the world over were going to go crazy it
      would have been because of the switch to year �00.

      Of course that didn�t happen and hopefully fearful people have finally eaten
      all the canned Spam and drunk all the bottled water they stockpiled for the
      dreaded Y2K disaster that never came.

      But despite the hype last year, this is the true end of the 20th Century.
      2001
      is the first year of the 21st Century. So let�s welcome the new century with
      prayer, hope, and love.

      Hopefully, it won�t take a century for peace to come to the middle east, the
      Balkans, northern Ireland, and other places which seem to be perpetual sources
      of conflict. Let us pray for peace throughout the world.

      Hopefully, it won�t take a century for love and understanding to prevail in
      the
      churches, synagogues, mosques, and temples of the world. Let us pray for
      non-judgmental, loving faith and an end to legalistic religion.

      Hopefully, it won�t take a century for a cure for AIDS, cancer, and other
      diseases that threaten life and health throughout the world. Let us pray for
      health care professionals and researchers, that they may find cures and
      prevention for AIDS, cancer, and all other illnesses that afflict people.

      Hopefully, it won�t take a century for hunger to be eliminated. Let us pray
      that all may have enough to eat.

      Hopefully, it won�t take a century for discrimination against people of color
      to end. Let us pray for an end of racism.

      Hopefully, it won�t take a century for an end of discrimination against
      lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered people. Let us pray for all LGBT
      people who suffer hatred and persecution.

      Hopefully, it won�t take a century for an end to fear. Let us pray for all
      those who live in fear, that they may find peace and safety.

      Hopefully, the coming year and years of this new century and new millennium
      will be filled with every good thing for you and those you hold dear. This is
      my prayer for all our readers and supporters. Happy New Year!

      We are glad you are partners with us here at Chi Rho Press. We are eager for
      your comments, your suggestions, your assistance with selling our books, and
      your own purchases! And of course, we covet your prayers for this ministry.

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of someone
      passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would like to
      receive it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end of our
      eNewsletter to subscribe.

      To order, please visit wwwChiRhoPress.com. You may pay by credit card on our
      web page or we will ship your order after receiving your check or money
      order.
      Include your e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number please.

      If you have questions, please write to Question@.... For comments
      and suggestions about this eNewsletter, please write eNews@....
      For all other correspondence, please write Adam@....

      Our Canadian friends can order using credit cards on our web page or through
      our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary Ann Pearson, Box 340, 54
      Centre
      St., Odessa, ONT, Canada, K0H 2H0; e-mail: mapenterprises@...; phone or
      fax: 1-613-386-5711; or toll free (leave a message) 1-877-245-9569.

      Kevin Stone Fries, Editor/Office Manager, Kevin@....

      Grace and peace,

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Director
      Subscribe to our free Chi Rho Press eNewsletter
      mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website. You can order using our convenient shopping
      cart and pay on line using your credit card!
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      Gaithersburg, MD 20898, USA

      301/926-1208 (phone/fax)