Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 26, 2006

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2006
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 26, 2006

      A source of blessing and healing

      "The God of peace be with you all. Amen."
      Romans 15:33

      "The palest ink is better than the best memory."
      ~ Chinese proverb

      Journal expert Anne Broyles tells the story of a
      young girl who breaks her leg and faces a summer
      in bed. Her Grandma gives her a journal and tells
      her this, "It's a journal . . . a special place for
      you to put down all the special things you think or
      see or dream, anytime you want. When you are in a
      rotten mood and your brain is full of cobwebs, or
      when life is so marvelous you feel like you're
      soaring in a balloon, you can put it all down . . .
      you can go through your own looking glass . . . all
      kinds of things happen during the day, but sometimes
      you don't notice them because you aren't paying
      attention. Writing in your journal helps you see
      things you never thought about before . . . soon
      each day seems full of small marvels you must write
      down" (Broyles, Anne. "Journaling. A Spirit Journey,"
      p. 11).

      When we keep a journal, we discover things about
      ourselves. Journals can help us reach life-goals,
      examine our feelings, and see personal growth or the
      lack of it. Many people have found journal writing
      rewarding and enriching. Try an experiment with God
      and consider journal writing over the next few weeks.
      See if it is rewarding for you and may the God of peace
      be with you.

      Your life has a story. A journal is a good place to
      relive your story as a spiritual discipline. When we
      record our words, it can be a source of healing and
      blessing. Journal writing is one way to experience
      spiritual empowerment.

      God, our lives do have a story. Perhaps it is too
      painful to share with others, but it can be safe to
      share with you through a private journal. Give us
      courage and strength to begin writing our stories.

      "Living as the Beloved" is available for $20.95 each
      $15.75 each plus shipping and handing. You can find