32nd eNewsletter from Chi Rho Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15 3:25 PM
      *************************
      Thirty-second eNewsletter
      Third Special Holiday Edition

      *************************

      Happy Holidays! Shalom! Welcome once again to the Chi Rho Press
      eNewsletter.
      Thank you for passing this eNewsletter on to others.

      To join our list, send an e-mail message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com.

      Direct all other e-mail to Adam@.... See the end of this
      eNewsletter for a complete list of e-mail addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      1. Internet Ministry Signs New Contract with Chi Rho Press
      2. Two New Stained Glass Designs!
      3. New Liturgical Calendar Published!
      4. Holiday Shopping!
      5. Would you make a gift to your Press?
      6. Adam's Last Word New Writers!

      1. Internet Ministry Signs New Contract with Chi Rho Press

      The Rev. Dr. Sandy Bochonok has signed a contract with Chi Rho Press to
      publish
      her book of daily devotions, Living as the Beloved: One Day at a Time. Dr.
      Bochonok is the founder of the very popular Soul Food Ministries and its Web
      site (www.soulfoodministry.org), special works of the Metropolitan Community
      Church of Washington, D.C.

      During a recent trip to the nation's capital, Dr. Bochonok and her partner met
      with Director of Chi Rho Press Adam DeBaugh and Editor Kevin Stone Fries to
      begin the project of publishing the author's collection of daily devotions,
      meditations and prayers. Dr. Bochonok has written this book in hopes of
      helping those new to prayer, as well as those not-so-new to prayer, to explore
      spiritual empowerment.

      Currently on the World Wide Web, Living as the Beloved has already reached
      untold numbers of readers in multiple languages through Soul Food Ministries�
      web site. Dr. Bochonok is already writing new content for her Internet
      ministry.

      Chi Rho Press is not simply putting into paper form what is beyond the
      reach of
      those who choose not to find spiritual community on the Internet. Living
      as the
      Beloved will be a road map to enrich each reader's prayerful experience.
      Readers will benefit from the author's presentation in a different form of her
      guide to daily observance and peaceful celebration of scripture.

      The project continues work Chi Rho Press started with its involvement in the
      publication and sale of another book of daily devotions, The Road to Emmaus,
      compiled and edited by the Rev. Joseph Houle. Chi Rho Press, like Dr.
      Bochonok
      and the contributors to The Road to Emmaus, wants to affirm the scripture's
      daily relevance to lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgendered people of faith
      and their friends and supporters.

      Dr. Bochonok currently works and resides in Washington State and led a
      well-attended workshop on Internet ministry at the 1999 UFMCC World Jubilee
      General Conference.

      Chi Rho Press plans to release Living as the Beloved by November 30, 2001.

      2. Two New Stained Glass Designs!

      We have introduced two new Stained Glass designs for the holiday season!

      Now two important symbols of religious faith are available in the LGBT rainbow
      colors. Our Rainbow Cross and Rainbow Star of David are both made of seven
      different colored pieces of glass (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and
      purple
      with a frosted clear center).

      Both are $18.00 plus shipping and handling and both can be previewed and
      ordered on our Web Site. Please take a look!

      Go to http://www.chirhopress.com/products.html and click on Stained Glass
      in the
      left pane. Use our shopping cart and pay with your credit card.

      On the Rainbow Cross, the colors are in rectangles forming the arms of the
      cross, with the center piece in clear frosted glass.

      For the Rainbow Star of David, the six colors form the points with the center
      piece in frosted glass.

      We have pictures of all of our stained glass products now on our Web page. As
      with our original stained glass cross, the LGBT rainbow flag, and the Aids
      ribbon, these new pieces are hand crafted in the copper foil and solder
      method. They have an attached loop so you may hang it in a window to catch
      the
      light.

      Stained Glass prices are as follows (plus shipping and handling):

      New Stained Glass Rainbow Cross, $18.00.

      New Stained Glass Star of David, $18.00.

      Stained Glass LGBT Rainbow Flag, $18.00.

      Original Stained Glass Cross (clear with red center), $12.00.

      Stained Glass Aids Ribbon, $7.50.

      Please go to our Web site to order and continue your holiday shopping.
      www.ChiRhoPress.com is always open. Browse our books too!

      3. New Liturgical Calendar Published!

      LITURGICAL CALENDAR for YEAR �C� 2000/2001
      compiled by the Rev. Tom Bohache. $4.95 each, $3.75 each for six or more
      copies, plus shipping and handling.

      The calendar is perfect to guide weekly prayer and Bible reading for worship
      and small groups.

      The Rev. Tom Bohache, pastor of MCC in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, has again
      compiled the liturgical calendar for us this year. In response to readers'
      requests, Tom has used the Revised Common Lectionary, used by the majority of
      the Christian world.

      The scripture readings for every Sunday and holy day are listed, along with
      the
      liturgical color of the day and season of the church year. Instead of
      specific
      themes for secular readings, as last year, Tom has provided an extensive
      bibliography of suggested secular readings that he has gathered during his
      long
      and successful ministry. There is also a chart of liturgical colors
      corresponding with seasons of the church year.

      The Liturgical Calendar for Year C begins on the first Sunday in Advent on
      December 3, 2000, and ends on the Last Sunday of Pentecost on November 25,
      2001. In the interest of clarity and convenience, the calendar runs
      through to
      the end of calendar year 2001, Advent and Christmas of the next liturgical
      year
      (Year A).

      "It is the author's aim to provide, in one easily accessible location, the
      most
      frequently needed information for preparing the worship service - the readings
      of the church year," writes Rev. Bohache in his introduction.

      The Calendar is now available for $4.95 each, $3.75 each for six or more
      copies, plus shipping and handling. Please go to our Web page to order using
      our convenient shopping cart, and pay with your credit card.

      4. Holiday Shopping!

      For those of you who haven�t finished your holiday shopping, remember
      Christmas
      is just ten days away. Every day is a shopping day at Chi Rho Press. We
      never
      close!

      As we have said before and firmly believe, books make great gifts! Here are
      some suggestions:

      "The Road to Emmaus," a daily devotional compiled by Joseph Houle, now only
      $9.95.

      "What a Fellowship," by Jean Gralley, a wonderful cartoon book, $8.95.

      "Families Re-Membered: Pastoral Support for Friends and Families Living with
      HIV/AIDS,� by the Rev. Dr. Louis F. Kavar, $10.95.

      "The Bible and Homosexuality," by Rev. Michael England, the best primer on the
      �clobber passages� around, only $10.95 each.

      �From Wounded Hearts,� a wonderful anthology of people of faith from many
      different church backgrounds telling their stories, including LGBT people and
      family members and friends, $19.95 each.

      "Called OUT!", another great anthology of LGBT Presbyterians telling their
      stories of their lives in and out of the Presbyterians church, at $17.95.

      "Come Home!" by Chris Glaser, probably the best Gay Christian author in the
      United States today we think this is his best book, at $19.95.

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," by Dr. Rembert Truluck, for $24.95.
      Bible Studies for every week of the year, plus much more.

      In addition to books, our rainbow key chains and bracelets make great stocking
      stuffers or small inexpensive gifts at only $2.00 each!

      All are available on our Web site, www.ChiRhoPress.com, where you can buy them
      using our handy shopping cart and your credit card.

      You can help us tremendously by doing at least part of your Christmas shopping
      at www.ChiRhoPress.com. Choose from our many wonderful books and gifts. Even
      if you have visited our Web page recently, we encourage you to click on again
      today and order a Christmas gift or two.

      Thank you and happy holidays!

      5. Would you make a gift to your Press?

      At this time of giving, would you consider making a gift to your LGBT
      Christian
      publishing house?

      As our faithful readers know, we have taken on a significant additional
      financial obligation by hiring Kevin Stone Fries as our Editor/Office
      Manager.
      Kevin�s work is making an important difference here at Chi Rho Press.

      Would you consider helping by making a year-end/Christmas gift to Chi Rho
      Press, along with your purchases? You might also want to pledge a monthly
      gift
      to Chi Rho Press during the new year.

      If you can make a contribution, please send your check or money order to us at
      Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898. Your gift will be an
      important element in our continued success. As always, we also ask for your
      prayers as we continue in this non-profit ministry. Thank you!

      6. Adam's Last Word.

      We are sending weekly eNewsletters this year from Thanksgiving through
      Christmas. We hope to have something new for you in each Advent issue.

      Our next issue, on Dec. 22, will feature a guest article by a wonderful
      columnist for USA Today, Mr. Craig Wilson.

      Books make wonderful gifts! Please do at least some of your Christmas
      shopping
      at www.ChiRhoPress.com!

      The Epistle reading last Sunday, December 10, 2000, the second Sunday of
      Advent, struck our Editor/Office Manager Kevin Stone Fries so much that he
      wrote me e-mail about it Sunday afternoon. When I reread it, our faithful
      readers and supporters were brought to my mind. Allow me please to share it
      with you here:

      �I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine
      for you all making my prayer with joy, thankful for your partnership in the
      gospel from the first day until now. And I am sure that the one who began a
      good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
      It is
      right for me to feel thus about you all, because I hold you in my heart, for
      you are all partakers with me of grace, both in my imprisonment and in the
      defense and confirmation of the gospel. For God is my witness, how I yearn
      for
      you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And it is my prayer that your
      love
      may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may
      approve what is excellent, and may be pure and blameless for the day of
      Christ,
      filled with the fruits of righteousness which come through Jesus Christ, to
      the
      glory and praise of God.�
      Philippians 1:3-11.

      I wish you all joy in this holiday season. May God continue to bless you
      throughout Advent and Christmas.

      We are glad you are partners with us here at Chi Rho Press. We are eager for
      your comments, your suggestions, your assistance with selling our books, and
      your own purchases! And of course, we covet your prayers for this ministry.

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of someone
      passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would like to
      receive it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end of our
      eNewsletter to subscribe.

      To order, please visit wwwChiRhoPress.com. You may pay by credit card on our
      web page or we will ship your order after receiving your check or money
      order.
      Include your e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number please.

      If you have questions, please write to Question@.... For comments
      and suggestions about this eNewsletter, please write eNews@....
      For all other correspondence, please write Adam@....

      Our Canadian friends can order using credit cards on our web page or through
      our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary Ann Pearson, Box 340, 54
      Centre
      St., Odessa, ONT, Canada, K0H 2H0; e-mail: mapenterprises@...; phone or
      fax: 1-613-386-5711; or toll free (leave a message) 1-877-245-9569.

      Kevin Stone Fries, Editor/Office Manager, Kevin@....

      Grace and peace,

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Director
      Subscribe to our free Chi Rho Press eNewsletter
      mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website. You can order using our convenient shopping
      cart and pay on line using your credit card!
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      Gaithersburg, MD 20898, USA

      301/926-1208 (phone/fax)