30th eNewsletter from Chi Rho Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29 3:24 PM
      Thirtieth eNewsletter

      Welcome once again to the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter. Please pass this
      eNewsletter on to your friends and colleagues.

      To join our list and get your own copy of our eNewsletter, send an e-mail
      message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com.

      All other e-mail may be directed to Adam@.... See the end of this
      eNewsletter for a complete list of e-mail addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      1. New Liturgical Calendar Published!
      2. Holiday Shopping!
      3. New Promissory Notes Offered
      4. Adam's Last Word

      1. New Liturgical Calendar Published!

      compiled by the Rev. Tom Bohache. $4.95 each, $3.75 each for six or more
      copies, plus shipping and handling.

      Chi Rho Press has published a liturgical calendar for MCC and other Christian
      communities of faith every year since 1995.

      The Rev. Tom Bohache, pastor of MCC in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, has again
      compiled the liturgical calendar for us this year. In response to readers�
      requests, Tom has used the Revised Common Lectionary.

      The scripture readings for every Sunday and holy day are listed, along with
      liturgical color of the day and season of the church year. Instead of
      themes for secular readings, as last year, Tom has provided an extensive
      bibliography of suggested secular readings that has accumulated in his long
      successful ministry. There is also a chart of liturgical colors corresponding
      with seasons of the church year.

      The Liturgical Calendar for Year C begins on the first Sunday in Advent on
      December 3, 2000, and ends on the Last Sunday of Pentecost on November 25,
      2001. In the interest of clarity and convenience, the calendar runs
      through to
      the end of calendar year 2001, Advent and Christmas of the next liturgical
      (Year A). �It is the author�s aim to provide, in one easily accessible
      location, the most frequently needed information for preparing the worship
      service the readings of the church year.�

      The Calendar is now available for $4.95 each, $3.75 each for six or more
      copies, plus shipping and handling. Please go to our Web page to order using
      our convenient shopping cart, and pay with your credit card.

      2. Holiday Shopping!

      Christmas is just a few weeks away. On the Chi Rho Press Web page, every day
      is a shopping day we never close!

      Books make great gifts! Here are some suggestions:

      �Families Re-Membered: Pastoral Support for Friends and Families Living with
      HIV/AIDS, by the Rev. Dr. Louis F. Kavar, $10.95.

      �What a Fellowship,� by Jean Gralley, a wonderful cartoon book, $8.95.

      �The Road to Emmaus,� a daily devotional compiled by Joseph Houle, now only

      �The Bible and Homosexuality,� by Rev. Michael England, only $10.95 each.

      �From Wounded Hearts� or �Called OUT!�, two great anthologies, at $19.95 and
      $17.95 respectively.

      �Come Home!� by Chris Glaser, at $19.95.

      �Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse,� by Dr. Rembert Truluck, for $24.95.

      In addition to books, we have made to order stained glass crosses, LGBT flags,
      and AIDS ribbons. And our rainbow key chains and bracelets make great
      stuffers or small inexpensive gifts!

      All are available on our Web site, www.ChiRhoPress.com, where you can buy them
      using our handy shopping cart and your credit card.

      Please do at least some of your holiday shopping at www.ChiRhoPress.com.
      from our many wonderful books and gifts. Even if you have visited our Web
      recently, we encourage you to click on again today and order a Christmas gift
      or two.

      You can help us tremendously by doing at least part of your Christmas shopping
      at ChiRhoPress.com. Thank you and happy holidays!

      3. New Promissory Notes Offered

      Promissory Notes in $1,000 denominations are available at 8% simple interest,
      repaid in eight quarterly payments over a two year period. If you can invest
      in Chi Rho Press, please write the Director at Adam@..., or send
      your check to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898, and we
      return a signed Promissory Note.

      Thanks for your support!

      4. Adam's Last Word.

      Thanksgiving was a wonderful day for me perhaps the best I have had in
      It started out as a disaster. A dear friend with whom I had planned to have
      Thanksgiving dinner canceled the day before!

      Our wise, patient, and altogether wonderful Office Manager who was part of
      plan as well calmed me down and we went off to Trader Joe�s Wednesday evening
      to buy a stuffed turkey breast, lots of veggies, and some wonderful shrimp and
      cocktail sauce.

      Thanksgiving Day began with a very festive brunch at Kevin�s mother�s home a
      good friend and Weight Watchers buddy to me. Then Kevin came to my place to
      help cook what turned out to be a wonderful dinner for just the two of us.
      Lots of laughter, great conversation (no business! well not much business!),
      and good food made for a very fun meal. After dinner we went off the home of
      Kevin�s aunt and her kids for desert. The kids were delightful (Bennett�s
      Thanksgiving Day joke: what do you get when you cross a turkey and a
      banjo? A
      bird who can pluck itself.) and Kevin�s aunt is a professional photographer
      insisted we all had to sit for a portrait before we got desert. Another
      was there with pictures from his recent trip to China.

      All in all it was a very wonderful day. I hope your Thanksgiving Day was just
      as wonderful!

      I give thanks for my friends and family, especially for Kevin and his

      I give thanks for serendipitous days which seem as if they are going to be
      disastrous but end up being magical.

      I give thanks for God�s leading of Chi Rho Press, for the Press� continued
      growth, for the wonderful authors who have entrusted their precious words to
      our ministrations, for our investors who have faith in the future of Chi Rho
      Press, for the subscribers to our eNewsletter, and for our wonderful customers
      who do us the honor of buying our books.

      And I give thanks for our Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered Tribe, and
      for the spirituality and faith of so many of our gloriously diverse community.

      Books make wonderful gifts! Please do at least some of your Christmas
      at www.ChiRhoPress.com!

      We are glad you are partners with us here at Chi Rho Press. We are eager for
      your comments, your suggestions, your assistance with selling our books, and
      your own purchases! And of course, we covet your prayers for this ministry.

      Grace and peace,

      Adam DeBaugh, Director

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of someone
      passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would like to
      receive it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end of our
      eNewsletter to subscribe.

      For orders, please write to us: Orders@.... If you have
      questions, please write to Question@.... For comments and
      suggestions about this eNewsletter, please write eNews@.... For
      all other correspondence, please write Adam@....

      You may order any of our books via snail mail, telephone, fax, or e-mail at
      Orders@.... You may pay by credit card on our web page or we will
      ship your order after receiving your check or money order. Include your
      address, mailing address, and telephone number please.

      Visit our web page at http://www.ChiRhoPress.com We now accept credit
      cards on
      our web page!

      Our Canadian friends can order using credit cards on our web page or through
      our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary Ann Pearson, Box 340, 54
      St., Odessa, ONT, Canada, K0H 2H0; e-mail: mapenterprises@...; phone or
      fax: 1-613-386-5711; or toll free (leave a message) 1-877-245-9569.

      Copyright 2000, Chi Rho Press, Inc.

      SUBSCRIBE: ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com

      Kevin Stone Fries, Editor/Office Manager, Kevin@...

      Grace and peace,

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Chi Rho Press
      Subscribe to our free Chi Rho Press eNewsletter

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website. You can order using our convenient shopping
      cart and pay on line using your credit card!

      Gaithersburg, MD 20898, USA

      301/926-1208 (phone/fax)