Chi Rho Connection, Vol. V, No. 22

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2004

      Vol. V, No. 22

      1. Happy New Year!
      2. A Little Perspective
      3. How We Can Help

      1. Happy New Year!

      The Board of Directors and Staff of Chi Rho Press
      want to wish all our readers a very Happy New Year.
      In this special time of the year, we are especially
      grateful for our customers, investors, contributors,
      authors, volunteers, and all of you who are partners
      in this ministry.

      We at Chi Rho Press wish you all a happy and
      productive 2005, filled with every good thing.
      It is our hope that we can continue to serve you
      with quality publications and other products, and
      with our twice monthly electronic newsletter, the
      Chi Rho Connection, and with our weekly Chi Rho
      Reflection.

      We have added some additional content to what was
      expected to be a simple New Year's greeting. Please
      read the following articles prayerfully and with
      great thought.

      Have a blessed New Year.

      2. A Little Perspective

      US Aid for Tsunami victims: $35 million

      Cost of Bush Inauguration Parties: $45 million

      Christian Compassion for Those Less Fortunate:
      Priceless

      3. How We Can Help

      We have all heard about the tragedy in Asia as a
      result of the earthquake and tsunami. Over 120,000
      have died and that number is continuing to rise.

      People all over the world are responding in record
      numbers. Much more money is needed, of course. It
      is part of the tragedy that some unscrupulous people
      are trying to pass themselves off as real charities
      but are only collecting money for themselves. It is
      a good idea to only contribute to organizations you
      know and trust. Do some research before you give!

      Here is a list of groups that are responding to the
      crisis in Asia. It is not meant to be an exhaustive
      list, but one we pulled together from various sources
      on the Internet. You may have other relief agencies
      to which you have already contributed, which is
      wonderful! But if you have not yet given, think of
      the immense human toll, reflect on all that you have,
      and consider making a contribution to aid those who
      are less fortunate than you are.

      <aoldb://mail/write/www.unicef.org>www.unicef.org
      UNICEF: United Nations Children's Fund

      <aoldb://mail/write/www.redcross.org>www.redcross.org
      The Red Cross International Response Fund

      <aoldb://mail/write/www.doctorswithoutborders.org>www.doctorswithoutborders.org
      Doctors Without Borders

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein="-2584370>
      American Jewish World Service: Sending humanitarian
      aid to the people affected by the Tsunami.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=S-0196605>
      American Red Cross International Response
      Fund

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=-1008595>
      AmeriCares: Immediate relief for the emergency in
      Southeast Asia.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=w-0533155>
      BAPS Care International: Provides food kitchens to
      distribute hot food in affected towns in India.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=-1685039>
      CARE USA: Providing food, clean water, clothing,
      bedding and medicines to tsunami disaster victims.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=-5563422>
      Catholic Relief Services: Emergency response
      support.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=-4080201>
      Church World Service

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein= -0464012>
      Humanity First, USA

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=%-1679348>
      International Orthodox Christian Charities: Responding
      to earthquake disaster in South Asia.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=•-4453134>
      Islamic Relief

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=”-3333928>
      NetAid: Meeting the emergency needs of thousands in
      areas devastated by earthquake and tsunamis.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=R-1943868>
      Tamil Rehabilitation Organization: Food and Medicine

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=-3327220>
      Action Against Hunger USA: Providing immediate
      material needs to displace families

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=•-1831116>
      Direct Relief International: Sending medical
      material aid to earthquake victims.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=•-3949646>
      International Medical Corps: Assess public
      health needs and coordinate an emergency response.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=6-2586390>
      MAP International: Preparing shipments of medicines
      and medical supplies.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=#-7069110>
      Oxfam America: Sending food and water to aid victims.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=•-2248462>
      Project Concern International

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=s-1666728>
      RescueCorps: Funds will be used to purchase urgently
      needed supplies.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=-3843435>
      United Nations World Food Programme: Children and
      Families

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=-0726487>
      Save the Children: Assisting children and families
      impacted by one of the world's most devastating
      earthquakes.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=•-1922279>
      World Vision: Food and Family Survival Kits to affected
      Asians.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=R-1314847>
      ADRA International: Responding to and assessing the
      damage in Thailand, Sri Lanka, Indonesia, and India.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=#-1352010>
      American Friends Service Committee: Providing support
      for earthquake and tsunami survivors in Asia.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=0-0038297>
      Architecture for Humanity: Helping to rebuild in the
      earthquake's aftermath.

      <http://www.guidestar.org/controller/searchResults.gs?action_gsReport==1&partner==networkforgood&ein=-2574963>
      Lutheran World Relief Providing relief aid with
      partners in India.

      *****

      Gracia y paz,

      Please visit http://www.ChiRhoPress.com. You may

      friends can order using credit cards on our Web page or
      through our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary
      Ann Pearson, at her Web page, http://www.christiangays.com.