Chi Rho Connection, Vol. V, No. 21

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2004

      Vol. V, No. 21

      1. Happy Christmas!

      The Board of Directors and Staff of Chi Rho Press
      want to wish all our readers a very blessed Christmas.
      In this special time of the year, we are especially
      grateful for our customers, investors, contributors,
      authors, volunteers, and all of you who are partners
      in this ministry. May you be filled with joy, love,
      and contentment at this Christmas time.

      Instead of the usual fare in our twice-monthly
      electronic newsletter, we would like to offer you
      this meditation from "The Road to Emmaus," a book
      of daily meditations written by and for the LGBT
      community of faith. These meditations start with
      a Gospel reading and a meditation based on it written
      by R. Adam DeBaugh.

      Please read Luke 2:1-14

      Patrick was young and very little. He sat with wonder
      in his eyes as he listened to the Christmas story in
      the second chapter of Luke. Great peace and joy seemed
      to come over his little spirit as he listened and all
      tension left him. When I finished reading, I asked,
      "How did you like that story?"

      "It's the best!" Patrick was emphatic, yet calm and at
      peace. The story had made such an impact that I had to
      ask, "What's so good about the story for you?"

      "Be not afraid," Patrick answered. "That's the best
      part. We were afraid and the angel said, 'Be not
      afraid.' We don't have to be afraid ever again."

      I asked Patrick what kinds of things he might be afraid
      of as this year draws to a close. He said, "Getting
      sick, being alone in the dark, not having friends, not
      doing good in school, stuff like that."

      In his simple, innocent, unsophisticated way, little
      Patrick hit the nail on the head! The meaning of Jesus'
      humble birth in a rude stable in an obscure corner of
      the Roman Empire is "Be not afraid."

      No matter what our fears, today's Gospel message echoes
      down the centuries to speak to us, "Be not afraid."
      Like little Patrick, we are comforted with the knowledge
      that Christ has come to bring "peace among those with
      whom God is pleased."

      Blessed Saviour, thank you for coming to us with your
      divine message of grace and peace. Thank you for having
      your angels comfort and assure us, saying, "Be not
      afraid." Amen.

      Amen.

      We at Chi Rho Press wish you all a very happy
      Christmas, filled with peace, love, and joy.

      *****

      Gracia y paz,

      friends can order using credit cards on our Web page or
      through our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary
      Ann Pearson, at her Web page, http://www.christiangays.com