The 21st eNewsletter from Chi Rho Press

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2000
      Twenty-first eNewsletter

      Welcome once again to the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter. Please pass this
      eNewsletter on to your friends and colleagues.

      To join our list and get your own copy of our eNewsletter, send an e-mail
      message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com.

      All other e-mail may be directed to Adam@.... See the end of this
      eNewsletter for a complete list of e-mail addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      1. A Brief Explanation
      2. Truluck Tour
      3. New Subscribers
      4. Great Changes on the Web Page!
      5. Called OUT!

      1. A Brief Explanation

      This will be a relatively short edition of the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter. We
      wanted to get something out to highlight the book tour of Dr. Rembert Truluck,
      author of �Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse� that is starting this weekend.
      We also want to invite as many of our readers in the Washington DC/
      Maryland/Virginia/Delaware area as possible to join us for one or more of the
      events at which Dr. Truluck is speaking.

      We had an early summer hiatus with a few weeks between the 19th and the 20th
      eNews and now we are raring to go! The Truluck book tour is going to be
      tiring
      perhaps but we expect it to be an exciting time of education and sharing.
      Check the tour schedule in the next article and if you are anywhere in the
      vicinity of any of the events, please join us! E-mail or call me for
      directions to any of the events!

      And there is great news about the new look for our web site
      www.ChiRhoPress.com see what Dotti Berry and her crew have done with our new
      shopping cart and ability to accept credit cards!

      2. Truluck Tour

      Chi Rho Press is hosting Dr. Rembert S. Truluck to the Washington area for two
      weeks beginning July 28 and ending August 14. Here is his schedule so far:

      Friday, July 28, arrival in Washington area.

      Sunday, July 30, preach and answer questions at two services at MCC Rehoboth
      Beach, at 521 Holland Glade Road, Rehoboth Beach, DE; 302/226-9026.

      3 pm, Book signing at Lambda Rising, 39 Baltimore Ave., Rehoboth Beach, DE;
      302/227-6969.

      Wednesday evening, Aug. 2, 6 pm, workshop at New Light MCC, 40 West Church
      St.,
      Hagerstown, MD; 301/797-5698.

      Friday evening, Aug. 4, 7 pm, speak at a meeting with Integrity Northern
      Virginia, Episcopal Church of St. Clement, 1701 No. Quaker Lane, Alexandria,
      VA. For directions to the church, call 703/998-6166.

      Sunday, Aug. 6, preach and lead a workshop at MCC Richmond, 2501 Park Ave.,
      Richmond, VA; 804/353-9477.

      Tuesday, Aug. 8, 7:30 pm, Christian Education class at MCC of Washington DC,
      474 Ridge Street, NW, Washington, DC; 202/638-7373.

      Thursday, Aug. 10, 7:30 pm, speaking at Foundry United Methodist Church, 1500
      16th St., Washington DC.

      Saturday, Aug. 12, 11 am, workshop at MCC Baltimore, 1605 St. Paul St.,
      Baltimore, MD; 410/234-1676.

      Sunday, Aug. 13, 11 am, preach and lead a workshop to kick off an on-going
      Bible study, using his book, after worship at Holy Redeemer MCC, 4907 Niagara
      Rd., College Park, MD; 301/797-5698.

      Monday, Aug. 14, home to California.

      You may contact me at 301/926-1208 or by e-mail at Adam@... for
      more information.

      3. New Subscribers!

      We have been blessed with a flock of new subscribers to this eNewsletter, for
      which we are very grateful. Welcome to the Chi Rho Press community!

      Your suggestions and comments are always welcome!

      Also, a request we have joined a number of list-serves and are always looking
      for more. Please write and tell me which lists you are a part of and the
      address where we can go to join them. We will print a list of all the
      list-serves in the next issue of the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter. Thanks for
      your support!

      4. Great Changes on Chi Rho Press� Web Page

      We have made it even easier to order from Chi Rho Press through our web page.
      Dotti Berry and her excellent team at of D3 Marketing Innovations in
      Lexington,
      Kentucky, has added a shopping cart to the web page at www.ChiRhoPress.com.
      Now
      you can click on �add to cart� at any item in our catalog and it will be
      put in
      your personal shopping cart, adding up the amounts and shipping and handling.
      You can order as many things as you want.

      Then you can pay by major credit card! Yes! We have finally entered the
      credit card age! You may pay by credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American
      Express, Discover/Novus). We certainly will invoice you as before, if you
      would prefer.

      We are very pleased with the work Dotti and her team has done and hope you
      will
      test out our new shopping cart and credit card availability. That means
      please go to the web site and order something! <G>

      As a special bonus if you are one of the first ten people to order by credit
      card with our new shopping cart, I will send you e-mail and offer you a free
      book or product of your choice from our catalog. So order now you might be
      one of the first!

      5. Called OUT! Goes to a Second Printing

      �Called OUT! The Voices and Gifts of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and
      Transgendered
      Presbyterians� compiled and edited by the Rev. Jane Adams Spahr, Kathryn
      Poethig, Selisse Berry, and Melinda McLain, �Called OUT� was our first
      anthology and contains essays by 39 LGBT people who are members (or former
      members) of the Presbyterian Church.

      The second printing of "Called OUT" retails for $17.95 and can be ordered from
      Chi Rho Press at Orders@....

      ------------------------------------

      6. Adam's Last Word.

      I had a wonderful note from Mel White in response to my Last Word (�number 8)
      in the 20th eNewsletter. Mel writes, on Fri, 21 July 2000:

      �Oh, dear brother,
      Number 8 was great.
      I'm going to use your defense as my defense.
      I'm really being criticized in all the ways you mentioned, over and over
      again.
      Thanks for even thinking about a defense, let alone writing such an eloquent
      and persuasive piece.
      I am forever grateful.
      Mel�

      I am pleased and honored to be a part of Soulforce and Mel�s important
      ministry. I truly believe that Soulforce is the most important development in
      the LGBT movement since Stonewall.

      I am very excited about the new look to our web site with the shopping cart
      and credit card acceptance. Many thanks to Dotti Berry and her team for their
      hard work! Please do check it out and let me know what you think!

      As I gear up for Dr. Truluck�s visit I am trying to take some time here and
      there to work on my special hobby stained glass. I am making four
      window-sized panels for my home congregation, Holy Redeemer MCC in College
      Park, Maryland. If you come to the service at which Dr. Truluck is preaching
      on Aug. 13 you can see the first of the finished panels the Holy Spirit
      Window.

      I also make small stained glass crosses, gay flags, and AIDS ribbons, which
      Chi
      Rho Press sells through its on line catalog (www.ChiRhoPress.com) and some
      times
      at conferences. But for me the stained glass is a labor of love a gift and
      skill God has given me, which I thoroughly enjoy and which I am fortunate
      enough to be able to use to bring pleasure to others.

      I hope you each have a hobby something different from your work, something
      creative perhaps, which gives you joy, and which provides a time of closeness
      to God and refreshment and relaxation. Too many LGBT leaders and activists
      concentrate too much on their work and ministries and don�t take time for
      themselves. I urge you to take time to refresh, re-energize, and restore your
      spirits in whatever way that works for you. You are too precious a
      resource to
      waste through burnout!

      That�s it for this edition of the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter. It is perhaps a
      little longer than I expected! We are very excited about Dr. Truluck�s tour
      and will tell you more about how it all went in our next issue of the eNews.

      We are glad you are partners with us here at Chi Rho Press. We are eager for
      your comments, your suggestions, your assistance with selling our books, and
      your own purchases! And of course, we covet your prayers for this ministry.

      Grace and peace,

      Adam DeBaugh, Director

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of someone
      passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would like to
      receive it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end of our
      eNewsletter to subscribe.

      For orders, please write to us: Orders@.... If you have
      questions,
      please write to Question@.... For comments and suggestions about
      this eNewsletter, please write eNews@.... For all other
      correspondence, please write Adam@....

      You may order any of our books via snail mail, telephone, fax, or e-mail at
      Orders@.... You may pay by credit card or we will ship your order
      with an invoice. Include your e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone
      number please.

      Visit our web page at http://www.ChiRhoPress.com We now accept credit
      cards on
      our web page!

      Our Canadian friends can order using credit cards on our web page or through
      our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary Ann Pearson, Box 340, 54
      Centre
      St., Odessa, ONT., Canada, K0H 2H0; e-mail: mapenterprises@...;
      phone or
      fax: 1-613-386-5711; or toll free (leave a message) 1-877-245-9569.

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      Grace and peace,

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Free Chi Rho Press eNewsletter