Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 28, 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 28, 2004
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of March 28, 2004

      here is a selection from our new book of daily devotions,
      "Living as the Beloved: One Day at a Time," by the Rev.
      Dr. Sandra Bochonok

      Please get out your Bible and read the verses from the
      Psalm and Dr. Bochonok's meditation. We hope you will
      be blessed.

      Please read Psalm 66:8-9, "Bless our God, O peoples,
      let the sound of God's praise be heard, who has kept
      us among the living, and has not let our feet slip."

      Blessing God

      God has created us to be a divine blessing. We are
      created to bless, that is, to extol God's majesty,
      greatness, and goodness to all of creation. We are
      created to worship God with every fiber of our being
      and the Psalms give us wonderful words of praise.
      "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within
      me, bless God's holy name" (Psalm 103:1, inclusive).
      We are created for praise and blessing, for God is
      good. God is gracious. God is great. God is God.
      God is. Blessed be the Lord of all creation who is
      involved in our lives! Praise the name of the Holy
      One with every breath of our being.

      The more we bless God on earth, the better our praise
      will be in heaven. So learn to be a blessing and
      source of praise to our Maker. Consider this an
      investment in your heavenly future! Someday we will
      bless God with the angels and all other heavenly hosts,
      along with the great crowd of witnesses who have gone
      before us, and it will be glorious. Bless our God, O
      peoples. Let the sounds of praises be heard from our
      lips, for God has kept us among the living and has not
      let our feet slip. Blessed be the LORD.

      God, I bless your holy name with all that is within
      me. Amen.

      "Living as the Beloved" has been published. Pre-
      publication sales books are in the mail to those who
      ordered them. "Living as the Beloved" is now available
      at the regular list price of $20.95 each plus shipping
      and handling. Six or more copies are $15.75 each plus
      shipping and handing. You can find this book on our Web
      site at http://www.chirhopress.com/products/devotionals.html#Bochonok.

      You may still purchase "The Road to Emmaus" from Chi
      Rho Press for $9.95 plus $2.50 shipping and handling. See
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/devotionals.html#EMMAUS
      or send your check or money order for $12.45 for one copy
      to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898.