Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 15, 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 15, 2004
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 15, 2004

      here is a selection from the soon-to-be-published
      new book of daily devotions, written by the Rev. Dr.
      Sandra Bochonok, called "Living as the Beloved: One
      Day at a Time."

      Please get out your Bible and read the Psalm and Dr.
      Bochonok's meditation. We hope you will be blessed.

      Please read Psalm 5:7

      Body prayers

      We stretch for exercise, and prayer is no different.
      Easy movements help us warm up and stretch our praying
      muscles. We can move our bodies through space in
      simple, symbolic movements that enhance rather than
      hinder our awareness of the Holy.

      Try walking with several intentional slow and
      deliberate steps. Stand in your bare feet for a
      few minutes in a prayer corner or on a prayer rug.
      Take some easy, deeper, and slower than usual breaths
      while sitting comfortably. By taking several minutes
      during our busy days for prayerful movements, we can
      center and relax our spirits. Prayerful movements can
      help us live in the moment gratefully aware of our
      bodies. If we feel a tense part of our body, stop a
      moment and acknowledge it. Relax those muscles.
      Tense, breathe, and relax several times.

      Consider using meaningful gestures such as touching,
      bowing, smiling, genuflecting, handshaking, or
      lighting a candle to help center your spirit and focus.
      Simple hand postures can greatly assist us. Try
      sitting with your hands and arms open, resting your
      hands palms up on your upper thighs or lap. These
      simple practices help us unite our mind and body.
      They help us be holy and wholly present to our
      spiritual center.

      Consider placing your hands together in the universal
      prayer posture. Breathe quietly in stillness for a
      full minute. Listen to your body at rest.

      Teach me how to pray with my body, O God, beginning
      with the miracle of every breath. Grace my prayers
      today with unexpected moments of stillness and body
      awareness. Amen.

      Purchase "The Road to Emmaus" from Chi Rho Press for $9.95
      plus $2.50 shipping and handling. See
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/devotionals.html#EMMAUS
      or send your check or money order for $12.45 for one copy
      to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898.

      "Living as the Beloved" is available in a pre-publication
      sale offer at $16.95 (plus $3.50 for shipping and handling),
      a savings of $4.00 off the publication price. Six or more
      copies are $14.95 each plus shipping and handing, an even
      greater savings. You can find this great and limited
      opportunity on our Web site at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/devotionals.html#Bochonok.

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Chi Rho Press, Your LGBT Christian Publishing House
      Subscribe to Chi Rho Connection, our free electronic newsletter
      mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please visit the Chi Rho Press Website.
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com