Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 8, 2004

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2004
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of February 8, 2004

      here is a selection from the soon-to-be-published
      new book of daily devotions, written by the Rev. Dr.
      Sandra Bochonok, called "Living as the Beloved: One
      Day at a Time."

      Please get out your Bible and read the verses from the
      Prophet Isaiah and Dr. Bochonok's meditation. We hope you
      will be blessed.

      Please read Isaiah 25:1, 4

      Power of praise

      Spiritual empowerment can be experienced through
      moments of praise, as we weep with God and cry out
      for justice and assistance. Many ancient Biblical
      writers knew this. Isaiah gives us a word of hope
      when life is very difficult. He gives us words of
      praise and comfort and reminds us that God is God.
      God is worthy of praise. God is doing wonderful
      things. God has a plan for us. God is our refuge
      in moments of need. God cares. God is with us.

      Isaiah gives us some of the most beloved words of
      spiritual strength and comfort in the Hebrew
      Testament. Yet, his own people turned against
      him and the message God gave him to share. Church
      historians believe he may have been sawn in two as
      a result of his prophetic words.

      Sometimes following God is costly. Those who work
      for spiritual and social justice need Isaiah's
      strengthening insights as they too live their
      convictions. Perhaps this is why Theodore Roosevelt
      said, "Pray not for lighter burdens but for stronger
      backs."

      God, I will praise your name in the hard times of
      my life. Amen.

      Purchase "The Road to Emmaus" from Chi Rho Press for $9.95
      plus $2.50 shipping and handling. See
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/devotionals.html#EMMAUS
      or send your check or money order for $12.45 for one copy
      to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898.

      "Living as the Beloved" is available in a pre-publication
      sale offer at $16.95 (plus $3.50 for shipping and handling),
      a savings of $4.00 off the publication price. Six or more
      copies are $14.95 each plus shipping and handing, an even
      greater savings. You can find this great and limited
      opportunity on our Web site at
      http://www.chirhopress.com/products/devotionals.html#Bochonok.