Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 23, 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23, 2003
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of November 23, 2003

      is a meditation from "The Road to Emmaus," a book of
      of faith. These reflections start with a Gospel reading
      and a meditation based on it written this week by the late
      Joseph W. Houle.

      Please read Matthew 18:1-9

      " your hand "

      Thank you, God, for the gifts of my hands. Thank you
      for empowering me through them to receive the gifts of
      life, to heal others with a gentle touch, to praise
      you by raising them in openness and trust.

      Forgive me for the times I have used my hands to grasp
      and cling to power, possessions, and prestige, to touch
      others possessively, lustfully, or violently, or to take
      what belongs to another. Today I cut off these uses of
      my hands and throw them away.

      " your foot "

      Thank you, God, for the gift of my feet. Thank you for
      the pleasure they give me in running, swimming, and
      playing, in walking about on our planet, and in standing
      tall and proud in your sunlight.

      Forgive me for the times I have used my feet to enter
      places that do not glorify you, to kick or trip up
      others on their life journeys, or to intrude into
      another's space. Today I cut off these uses of my
      feet and throw them away.

      " your eye "

      Thank you, God, for the gift of my eyes. Thank you
      for the way they enable me to enjoy the colors,
      shapes, and textures of your creation, to read and
      learn from the insights of others, and to communicate
      without words my inner life.

      Forgive me for the times I have used my eyes to look
      at others in a depreciative way, to convey a dishonest
      message, or to violate another's privacy by looking at
      his or her words, experiences, or possessions uninvited.
      Today I pluck out these uses of my eyes and throw them
      away.

      Thank you, God, for all the parts of my body. Teach me
      the right use of each part and help me to eliminate
      those abuses and misuses that separate me from the
      fullness of life.

      order for $12.45 for one copy to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Chi Rho Press, Your LGBT Christian Publishing House
      Subscribe to Chi Rho Connection, our free electronic newsletter
      mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please visit the Chi Rho Press Website.
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com