Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of August 31, 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2003
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of August 31, 2003

      is a meditation from "The Road to Emmaus," a book of
      of faith. These reflections start with a Gospel reading
      and a meditation based on it written this week by Sara Case.

      Please read Mark 14:12-26

      "Where will you have us go?"

      Lord, we seek your direction now just as the disciples did
      on that long-ago Passover. When they asked, you spared no
      detail. You told them where they were to go, the person
      they were to meet and follow, the house they would
      eventually enter, and what to say and do when they arrived.

      Our hearts cry out for direction as we restlessly pace the
      plateau of our lives. Where are we going and what are we
      doing? We feel inadequate and tired from the struggles of
      our days and years. Yet as we seek your guidance, you do
      not respond with such specifics. Why will you not tell us
      as you told them?

      "I do," Jesus replies, and we begin to read about the
      Lord's Supper. "And as they were eating, Jesus took bread,
      and blessed, and broke it, and gave it to them and said,
      'Take; this is my body.'"

      "Take." The word begins to sink in. Lord, you have given
      your life for us. And your surpassing love is offered for
      us to take. Out of the fullness of this love, your call
      for our lives takes form, keeping time with the rhythm of
      all creation.

      Let us pause this day, allowing our hearts to feel the love
      we are invited just to take. And let us experience, too,
      the wondrous mystery of the love that embraces not only us,
      but all of God's creation. "Take," our Saviour says. You
      seek direction for your life? "Take."

      order for $12.45 for one copy to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,