Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 8, 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2003
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 8, 2003

      is a meditation from "The Road to Emmaus," a book of
      of faith. These reflections start with a Gospel reading
      and a meditation based on it written this week by Nancy
      Eichert.

      Please read Luke 18:1-8

      The faithful pray persistently. But do the persistent
      pray faithfully?

      Sometimes prayer yields answers that we don't recognize.
      One who has much prays for more and does not recognize
      in the loss of material wealth the providence of God.
      One prays for health and does not realize that in
      sickness God teaches many things.

      Jesus encourages us to pray persistently and then
      wonders if there will be any of the faithful left to
      greet the reality of God. Will there? If I know what
      I want from God and don't recognize the hidden blessing
      in God's answer, I will not be faithful to the end. I
      will instead begin to delude myself with the thought
      that, because I have not had my way with God, God
      could not be on my side.

      It is only through reflection that we discern the
      answers to our prayers. Look back over your day,
      week, month, year. Think of the prayers you have
      spoken aloud and in your heart. Have your prayers
      been answered? Did God's response match your request?
      When it did not, what did you learn from God's response
      to your request?

      We humans are so finite. We see so little of God's
      realm. The possibilities we can foresee for our lives
      and our world are so very limited. Fortunately for us,
      God answers our prayers out of God's own wealth of
      possibility for us, not out of our limited awareness.

      Go to God in prayer today. Seek God's presence. Let
      go of the cares of your world. Let go of the responses
      you want from God. Let God come up with the response
      which can best draw you into God's faithfulness and
      truth. Trust in faith that God knows the best answer
      to your need.

      Surrender your prayer to God's care. God answers
      prayer faithfully.

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Web site. You can order using our
      convenient shopping cart and pay on line using your credit
      card! http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      order for $12.45 for one copy to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,