eNewsletter # 14

  • Adam@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2000
      Fourteenth eNewsletter
      January 14, 2000

      Welcome once again to the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter.

      To join our list and get your own copy of our eNewsletter, send an email
      message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@onelist.com.

      All other email should be directed to Adam@.... See the end of
      This eNewsletter for a complete list of email addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      Contents:

      1. The 2000 Liturgical Calendar Introduced
      2. A Special Offer -- The Final Days! The Pre-publication Sale of Steps to
      Recovery from Bible Abuse
      3. Book Signing in Harrisburg, PA
      5. Adam's Last Word

      1. New Liturgical Calendar.

      Chi Rho Press has published a liturgical calendar for MCC and other Christian
      communities of faith every year since 1995. The Rev. Joseph Gilbert has done a
      wonderful job creating these calendars for us. This year, Joseph has retired
      from that task in order to enjoy his retirement years.

      The Rev. Tom Bohache, pastor of MCC in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, has taken on
      the liturgical calendar this year. Naturally it is somewhat different from in
      past years, but the scripture readings for every Sunday and holy day are listed,
      along with new secular readings that Tom has accumulated in his long and
      successful ministry. He has also added a chart of liturgical colors, and other
      surprises.

      The Liturgical Calendar for Year B, which begins with the first Sunday of Advent
      on November 28, 1999 and goes through the end of the church year in November,
      2000, is now available for $4.95 each, $3.75 each for six or more copies, plus
      shipping and handling.

      (Shipping and handling is $2.50 for total orders of up to $19.99, $3.50 for
      orders of $20 to $39.99, $4.50 for orders of $40 to $59.99, $5.50 for orders of
      $60 to $79.99, $6.50 for orders of $80 to $99.99, and 7% of the order for orders
      of over $100.)

      3. Special Offer -- The Final Days!

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," by Dr. Rembert Truluck, is at the printer!
      We know you have seen this offer before but if you haven't ordered you are
      running out of time to take advantage of this special offer. This is the last
      time this Special Offer will be available. The publication date for "Steps to
      Recovery from Bible Abuse" is January 31. Checks must be postmarked by that
      date in order to qualify for this pre-paid, pre-publication sale.

      This long-awaited book will retail for $24.95, but until the books are delivered
      from the printer and bindery, "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse" is available
      for $19.95, plus shipping and handling.

      This price (20% off the list price) is only available for pre-paid orders
      received before publication of "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse." Books
      ordered through this Pre-Paid, Pre-Publication Sale will be the first ones
      shipped as the book rolls off the presses. Send your check or money order, made
      out to Chi Rho Press, to us at P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898.

      Shipping and handling for this special sale is $2.50 for one book, $3.50 for two
      books, $4.50 for three books, $5.50 for four books, $6.50 for five books, and 7%
      of the total for six or more books ordered. You may order (and prepay) as many
      books as you want at this $19.95 price.

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," says Dr. Truluck, "will be over 550 pages
      of information and encouragement to equip gay, lesbian, bisexual, and
      transgendered people and all others who have been abused and oppressed by
      religion to learn the truth and to rejoice and grow in their God-given worth as
      individuals."

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse" is organized in 18 chapters. The first
      five chapters contain introductory material, including essays on "Why this Book
      is Here," "My Story" by Dr. Truluck, "Jesus Heals Sick Religion," "Guidelines
      for Small Groups," and "How to Use this Book."

      The next 13 chapters are the Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse. Each of the 13
      Steps contains four Bible Study Lessons, suitable for personal study or small
      group use. As a result there are 52 Lessons, one for each week of the year.

      The 13 Steps are organized into five parts, "Jesus and Spiritual Freedom,"
      "Eliminate the Negative," "Accentuate the Positive," "Reach Out," and "Beyond
      Recovery."

      In addition, there are six special studies in the book's appendix: "How I Lead
      Workshops and Small Groups," "Homosexuality and the Bible," "Challenging the
      Ex-Gay Industry," "The Dynamics of Religious Abuse," "A Gay Christian's Response
      to the Southern Baptists," and "How do You Name God?"

      With all this information and at over 550 pages, "Steps to Recovery from Bible
      Abuse" is well worth the $24.95 list price. So the Pre-Paid, Pre-Publication
      sale price of $19.95 is a true bargain.

      Rembert Truluck says, "'Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse' is far more than a
      book of information, Bible studies, and personal experiences. It is a book that
      will be extended through my web site in on-going expanding resources of updates,
      bibliography, and new information about our dynamic changing world and our place
      in it. This combination of book and web site will provide a practical and
      constantly up-dated resource for individuals and small groups to learn and
      experience the truth and to share their hope with others."

      Send your check or money order for this important, ground-breaking book today to
      Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898. Thank you!

      3. Book Signing at MCC of the Spirit, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

      MCC of the Spirit in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, is kicking off the opening of
      their new church bookstore with a book signing featuring authors of the
      anthology, "From Wounded Hearts." The date is Sunday, February 6, 2000 at
      10:30 am for the regular worship service, the book signing will follow.

      Roberta Showalter Kreider, who compiled and edited "From Wounded Hearts: Faith
      Stories of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgendered People and Those Who Love
      Them," will be speaking at the morning worship service at MCC of the Spirit,
      then leading over a dozen of the authors in discussion about the book.

      Contact MCC of the Spirit for directions, 717/236-7387 or email mccofthespirit@....

      4. Adam's Last Word.

      Well, the 1900's are over. Not the 20th century (that doesn't end until Dec.
      31, 2000), or contrary to popular belief, the millennium (which also ends at the
      end of this year -- we didn't start counting the first thousand years with year
      zero did we? No. 1000 was the last year of the first millennium (the first
      thousand years) and 2000 is the last year of the second. But we have seen the
      end of the 1900s and I say thank God for that!

      I hope you had a wonderful new year's eve, regardless of what you think we were
      celebrating. And my prayer is that the year 2000 will be filled with every good
      thing for each of you -- life, love, health, wholeness, peace, and joy.

      Thanks for reading the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter.

      Grace and peace,

      Adam DeBaugh, Director

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of someone
      passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would like to receive
      it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end of our eNewsletter
      to subscribe.

      For orders, please write to us: Orders@.... If you have
      questions,please write to Question@.... For comments and
      suggestions about this eNewsletter, please write eNews@.... For all
      other correspondence, please write Adam@....

      You may order any of our books via snail mail, telephone, fax, or email at
      Orders@.... We will ship your order with an invoice. Include your
      email address, mailing address, and telephone number please.

      View our new web page at http://www.ChiRhoPress/com.

      For the convenience of our friends outside of the USA, we suggest ordering our
      books through Amazon.com.

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com