Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of April 6, 2003

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2003
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of April 6, 2003

      is a meditation from 'The Road to Emmaus,' a book of
      of faith. These meditations start with a Gospel reading
      and a meditation based on it written this week by Kate
      Eysaman.

      Please read Luke 3:1-14

      Aura

      You know a migraine long before the pain.
      First you cannot see,
      Except at the sides.
      Slowly, there is no way to read
      Or drive or smile.
      As sight returns, relief heralds
      The next nauseous hours.
      Dark Torture that closes out
      The world.
      You understand a little
      About hell.
      Then you wake. It's over,
      And it's time to find the others
      Who held vigil through the nightmare.
      Who were faithful through the pain.

      Dear Creator,
      It is never an easy job to be the scout, to go ahead
      of the others and prepare the way and anticipate the
      dangers. John the Baptist had a message that some
      received with eagerness and commitment, and that
      others received with anger and hatred. I must
      remember that not everyone is ready to understand
      the truths that keep them from your grace. Do,
      though, help me be the sort to hear those messages
      for myself and prepare my own life to receive your
      constant, loving Spirit.

      Amen.

      [We are very sad to report that Joseph W. Houle died
      early Tuesday morning, March 25, 2003, at his home
      in Washington, DC surrounded by his family. Joe had
      a short battle with gall bladder cancer having chosen
      not to undergo chemotherapy, but to let the disease,
      already well advanced, to take its course.

      [Joe pastored MCC Pittsburgh in the late 1970's and
      early 1980's. He went on to get an advanced degree
      at Duquesne University and some years later, another
      degree in counseling. He had served as the Director
      of Emmaus House of Prayer, a special work of the Mid-
      Atlantic District and as a part of that work edited
      the devotional, 'The Road to Emmaus,' the source of
      these Chi Rho Reflections. More recently he had a
      counseling practice in Washington, DC through Brookland
      Pastoral Center. His gentle spirit touched many lives.

      A memorial service will be held at MCC Washington, DC
      on Saturday, April 26th, 2003 at Noon. Memorial gifts
      may be sent to Transfiguration House of Prayer, 295
      W. Jefferson Rd, Butler PA 16001. Joe's ministry
      continues to touch lives, through this excellent book
      of daily devotions and through our weekly Reflections.
      Please join the board and staff of Chi Rho Press, and
      all of Joe Houle's family and friends, his clients and
      the people whose lives his ministry has touched, in our
      sadness and grief over Joe's passing. May Joe Houle
      rest in peace, and may light perpetual shine upon him.]

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Web site. You can order using our
      convenient shopping cart and pay on line using your credit
      card! http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      order for $12.45 for one copy to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Chi Rho Press, Your LGBT Christian Publishing House
      Subscribe to Chi Rho Connection, our free electronic newsletter
      mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Please visit the Chi Rho Press Website.
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com