Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of September 29, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 2002
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of September 29, 2002

      is a meditation from 'The Road to Emmaus,' a book of
      of faith. These meditations start with a Gospel reading
      and a meditation based on it written this week by Vanessa
      Moore.

      Please read Matthew 6:7-15

      'Your Heavenly Parent knows what you need before you
      ask.'

      God knew us before we were formed in our mother's womb.
      It is therefore no surprise that God knows what we need
      before we even form the words.

      Once during a worship service in our church, a man
      sitting near the choir began to sob during the opening
      hymn. A choir member reached out and placed her hand
      on his shoulder. She didn't say anything or stop
      singing, she just placed her hand there. She sensed
      the man's need to be touched and loved; he didn't have
      to say a word. She didn't need to say anything, either;
      her hand on his shoulder said, 'I care.'

      When we pray, God senses our prayers without our saying
      a word; all we have to do is open ourselves and allow
      God to be present for us. We can have simple and yet
      complete communion with God, like lifelong lovers who
      have become so attuned to each other that they
      communicate without words. Prayer is placing ourselves
      in the presence of a loving Creator. Like a visit with
      a trusted friend, prayer also includes time to listen
      as well as to speak.

      Jesus teaches us a basic and well-known prayer in
      today's Gospel. It covers every human need. It is
      not an appeal to an indifferent deity. It is a
      comfortable chat between old friends.

      Today, seek a gentle and loving conversation with your
      God. Ask that your prayers be answered in the sure
      knowledge that they have already been heard.

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Web site. You can order using our
      convenient shopping cart and pay on line using your credit
      card! http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      order for $12.45 for one copy to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,