Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of September 1, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2002
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of September 1, 2002

      is a meditation from 'The Road to Emmaus,' a book of
      of faith. These meditations start with a Gospel reading
      and a meditation based on it written this week by Vanessa
      Moore.

      Please read Mark 14:27-42

      'You will fall away; for it is written, 'I will strike
      the shepherd, and the sheep will be scattered.' But
      after I am raised up, I will go before you to Galilee.'

      Jesus' love for the disciples never faltered. Even
      while prophesying that the disciples would desert and
      deny him, Jesus promised to return to them. Jesus
      kept the promise, returning and bringing the Holy
      Spirit to be a comfort and a counselor.

      As Christ loved the disciples, so Christ loves us, and
      that love is alive today. We can say with assurance,
      'Christ has died, Christ has risen, Christ will come
      again.' Christ keeps promises to us, too.

      In the hustle and bustle of each day, it is easy to
      become flustered and unfocused. We can become unfocused
      by big things: a close friend's illness, conflicts with
      one's spouse, turmoil within ourselves. We can be
      flustered by small things: a forgotten grocery list,
      a chore left undone, a work project thrust on us
      suddenly.

      On another level, we can be shaken when we read and
      hear each day of death, destruction, and violence,
      evidence of a broken world that seems beyond hope.
      Yet God, our source of light, is present in the midst
      of all darkness. Focusing on God's redeeming love
      helps us to deal with the ups and downs of our lives.
      Remembering that God keeps promises gives us something
      to anchor ourselves to in a world gone topsy-turvy.

      Draw strength from the depth of God's love for you. In
      a world that is often unfaithful, God is always faithful.
      In a world that is always changing, God never changes.
      God's love for each of us is everlasting.

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Web site. You can order using our
      convenient shopping cart and pay on line using your credit
      card! http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      order for $12.45 for one copy to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,