eNewsletter number 11

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 13, 1999
      Eleventh eNewsletter, week of Nov. 7, 1999

      Welcome to the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter.

      To join our list and get your own copy of our eNewsletter, send an email
      message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@onelist.com.

      All other email should be directed to Adam@.... See the end of
      this
      eNewsletter for a complete list of email addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      Contents:

      1. About the eNewsletter's continuing evolution
      2. Our New Web Site
      3. The 2000 Liturgical Calendar Introduced
      4. A Special Offer -- the Pre-publication sale of Steps to Recovery from
      Bible Abuse
      5. Promissory Notes are Still Available
      6. Christmas is Coming!
      7. Adam's Last Word

      1. We are continuing to fiddle with the Chi Rho Press eNewsletter. We
      have
      to satisfy three constituencies. We have to abide by requirements from our
      email service, OneList.com, that we send something out at least once a week.
      We want to keep in mind your interests and needs, that your email post box
      doesn't fill up with junk. And we at Chi Rho Press have our hopes, that what
      we send is interesting, useful, informative, and may even let you know about
      one of our products that will assist you in your life and ministry.

      So we are trying new formats, and now Adam is leaning toward a more informal
      design most weeks, with a full eNewsletter once or twice a month, and shorter,
      informal notices other weeks. Of course, we would like to hear what would be
      most useful for you!

      2. New Web Site.

      Our Web master, Mark David Streetman and Adam DeBaugh had a scanning party
      Thursday night and rescanned most of our books. Mark has loaded them on the
      Web site, so it now has a clearer, brighter look, which we hope you will
      like.
      We have discovered that Web sites are always under construction, so we will be
      fine-tuning it, adding graphics, rewriting, and adding text on a regular
      basis.

      Soon to come: menu bars on every page to make navigating around the site
      easier, an interactive on line order form, and more graphics! Check it out at
      www.ChiRhoPress.com.

      3. New Liturgical Calendar.

      Chi Rho Press has published a liturgical calendar for MCC and other Christian
      communities of faith every year since 1995. The Rev. Joseph Gilbert has
      done a
      wonderful job creating these calendars for us. This year, Joseph has retired
      from that task in order to enjoy his retirement years.

      The Rev. Tom Bohache, pastor of MCC in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, has taken on
      the liturgical calendar this year. Naturally it is somewhat different from in
      past years, but the scripture readings for every Sunday and holy day are
      listed, along with new secular readings that Tom has accumulated in his long
      and successful ministry. He has also added a chart of liturgical colors, and
      other surprises.

      The Liturgical Calendar for Year B, which begins with the first Sunday of
      Advent on November 28, 1999 and goes through the end of the church year in
      November, 2000, is now available for $4.95 each, $3.75 each for six or more
      copies, plus shipping and handling.

      (Shipping and handling is $2.50 for total orders of up to $19.99, $3.50 for
      orders of $20 to $39.99, $4.50 for orders of $40 to $59.99, $5.50 for
      orders of
      $60 to $79.99, $6.50 for orders of $80 to $99.99, and 7% of the order for
      orders of over $100.)

      4. Special Offer

      Chi Rho Press is pleased to announce the up-coming publication of "Steps to
      Recovery from Bible Abuse," by Dr. Rembert Truluck.

      This long-awaited book will retail for $24.95, but we are now offering a
      Pre-Paid, Pre-Publication Sale. From now until the books are delivered from
      the printer and bindery, "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse" is available for
      $19.95, plus shipping and handling.

      This price (20% off the list price) is only available for pre-paid orders
      received before publication of "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse."

      Books ordered through this Pre-Paid, Pre-Publication Sale will be the first
      ones shipped as the book rolls off the presses. Send your check or money
      order, made out to Chi Rho Press, to us at P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD
      20898.

      Shipping and handling for this special sale is $2.50 for one book, $3.50 for
      two books, $4.50 for three books, $5.50 for four books, $6.50 for five books,
      and 7% of the total for six or more books ordered. You may order (and prepay)
      as many books as you want at this $19.95 price.

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," says Dr. Truluck, "will be over 500
      pages
      of information and encouragement to equip gay, lesbian, bisexual, and
      transgendered people and all others who have been abused and oppressed by
      religion to learn the truth and to rejoice and grow in their God-given
      worth as
      individuals."

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse" is organized in 18 chapters. The first
      five chapters contain introductory material, including essays on "Why this
      Book
      is Here," "My Story" by Dr. Truluck, "Jesus Heals Sick Religion," "Guidelines
      for Small Groups," and "How to Use this Book."

      The next 13 chapters are the Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse. Each of the
      13 Steps contains four Bible Study Lessons, suitable for personal study or
      small group use. As a result there are 52 Lessons, one for each week of the
      year.

      The 13 Steps are organized into five parts, "Jesus and Spiritual Freedom,"
      "Eliminate the Negative," "Accentuate the Positive," "Reach Out," and "Beyond
      Recovery."

      In addition, there are six special studies in the book's appendix: "How I Lead
      Workshops and Small Groups," "Homosexuality and the Bible," "Challenging the
      Ex-Gay Industry," "The Dynamics of Religious Abuse," "A Gay Christian's
      Response to the Southern Baptists," and "How do You Name God?"

      With all this information and at over 500 pages, "Steps to Recovery from Bible
      Abuse" is well worth the $24.95 list price. So the Pre-Paid, Pre-Publication
      sale price of $19.95 is a true bargain. And by sending your check or money
      order for this pre-publication sale you will also enable Chi Rho Press to pay
      for much of the printing immediately.

      Rembert Truluck says, "'Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse' is far more than a
      book of information, Bible studies, and personal experiences. It is a book
      that
      will be extended through my web site in on-going expanding resources of
      updates, bibliography, and new information about our dynamic changing world
      and
      our place in it. This combination of book and web site will provide a
      practical and constantly up-dated resource for individuals and small groups to
      learn and experience the truth and to share their hope with others."

      Send your check or money order for this important, ground-breaking book today
      to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898. Thank you!

      5. "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse" Promissory Notes Still Available

      In order to fund the production of Dr. Rembert Truluck's book, "Steps to
      Recovery from Bible Abuse," $1,000 Promissory Notes at 8% interest are
      available. We are looking for people who are interested in supporting Dr.
      Truluck's excellent work by helping to fund the publication of his book. The
      notes will be repaid over a two year period at 8% simple interest, with
      payments being sent quarterly. Write Adam@... for more
      information. Read more about Dr. Truluck's ministry and "Steps to Recovery
      from Bible Abuse" at http://www.truluck.com

      6. Christmas is coming and you might want to consider the gift of books
      this year. Here are a few gifts books we especially recommend:

      The Bible and Homosexuality, Fifth Edition, by the Rev. Michael England.
      $10.95 each, six or more copies for $8.95 each, plus shipping and handling.

      From Wounded Hearts: Faith Stories of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and
      Transgendered
      People and Those Who Love Them, compiled and edited by Roberta Showalter
      Kreider. $19.95 each, six or more for $14.95 each, plus shipping and
      handling.

      Come Home! Reclaiming Spirituality and Community as Gay Men and Lesbians,
      Second Edition, by Chris Glaser. $19.95 each, six or more for $14.95 each,
      plus shipping and handling.

      Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse (at the pre-publication sale price, it's a
      bargain!). $19.95 each plus shipping and handling.

      And we also have stained glass crosses ($12 each), lesbian/gay flags ($18
      each), and AIDS ribbons ($7.50 each) available too, along with leather thong
      and rainbow bead key chains and bracelets which make great stocking stuffers
      (for $2.00 each). See our Web page for details.

      7. Adam�s Last Word.

      That�s it for this week. Thank you and God bless you.

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of someone
      passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would like to
      receive it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end of our
      eNewsletter to subscribe.

      For orders, please write to us: Orders@.... If you have questions,
      please write to Question@.... For comments and suggestions about
      this eNewsletter, please write eNews@.... For all other
      correspondence, please write Adam@....

      You may order any of our books via snail mail, telephone, fax, or email at
      Orders@.... We will ship your order with an invoice. Include your
      email address, mailing address, and telephone number please.

      View our new web page at http://www.ChiRhoPress/com.

      For the convenience of our friends outside of the USA, we suggest ordering our
      books through Amazon.com.

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Free Chi Rho Press eNewsletter
      mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@onelist.com