Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of April 28, 2002

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2002
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of April 28, 2002

      is a meditation from 'The Road to Emmaus,' a book of
      of faith. As always, this meditation starts with a Gospel
      reading, and April's meditations include a poem and a
      prayer written by Kate Eysaman.

      Please read Matthew 13:24-34

      Baking Bread

      Together we worked the dough,
      Her tiny hands roundly invisible
      Under firm forgiving bread.
      Little wrists rising from a sculptured mound.
      I (grown-up) explained,
      'It is the yeast that makes the bread bigger and bigger,
      And yummy so that we will want to eat it and be strong.'
      Open-eyed, she held my jaw in puttied gentle palms.
      'I love you like yeast, Mommy.'
      A loving worship filled my soul and
      I (aching) wondered how she so young
      Knew completely what was only now
      Coming clear to me.

      Dear Creator,
      I must admit it's difficult for me to have the kind of
      faith that I often see in people I admire. Your parables
      of mustard seed and leaven make perfect sense, knowing as
      I do your generous Spirit. It is my own little step
      toward you that I have such difficulty taking. Although
      you have never failed to love me, there is a part of my
      frightened, childish self that's always scared to make
      the move. I ask for the freedom that would daily make
      me as eager to seek you as a child running to meet a
      parent at the end of a day. Amen.

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Web site. You can order using our
      convenient shopping cart and pay on line using your credit
      card! http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      order for $12.45 to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864,