Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 2, 2013

(800)
  • Adam DeBaugh
    Jun 1, 2013 Expand Messages
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of June 2, 2013

      Great faith

      "When Jesus heard him, he was amazed and said to
      those who followed him, 'Truly I tell you, in no
      one in Israel have I found such faith.'"
      Matthew 8:10

      This is a story of a great faith that astonished even
      Jesus. This story is about faith, love, courage, and
      hope by a desperate person deeply concerned for the
      life of his servant-boy, someone who was obviously
      very dear to him. Have you ever wondered what great
      faith could look like? Rather than be destroyed by
      fear and doubt, a centurion, a Roman soldier with
      great authority who Jesus talks to in today's verse,
      steps out in bold, public faith in Christ, the Healer.

      Many of us are often fearful as we strive to be faithful,
      but the centurion's courageous example shows us how we
      can likewise take a chance with God through the Healer,
      Jesus Christ, expecting divine compassion and concern
      for our loving relationships. Perhaps it is time to
      quietly converse with Christ through prayer. Tell Jesus
      what ails your body, mind, and spirit. Ask for healing
      help. Be willing to actively pursue your recovery
      program. Let your journey begin today. How do we get
      this astonishing great faith? Begin by reading today's
      remarkable story in Matthew 8:5-13.

      There is a popular saying about faith, "When you have
      gone as far as all the light you know, and you are about
      to step into the darkness of the unknown. . . . Faith is
      knowing that one of two things will happen . . . you will
      step onto firm ground, or you will learn how to fly."

      God, bless us with the kind of faith this centurion had!

      using your credit card!
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com>http://www.ChiRhoPress.com