757Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 27, 2012

    May 26, 2012
      Chi Rho Reflection for the Week of May 27, 2012

      Narrow and wide gates

      "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide
      and the road is easy that leads to destruction, and
      there are many who take it. For the gate is narrow
      and the road is hard that leads to life and there
      are few who find it."
      Matthew 7:13-14

      As a minister, I am involved with international
      seekers who use the Internet as a spirituality
      resource. More than a million Web sites are devoted
      to faith, God, spirituality, and religious concerns.
      People are finding God through the Internet. Lives
      are being transformed. With a click of a mouse,
      cyber-seekers lurk and surf, leaping from virtual
      Jerusalem to cyber Vatican, many e-mailing intensely
      personal prayer requests to Internet prayer chapels.

      I met with someone who had found God years ago in
      this way. The Internet was just beginning to explode
      in popularity and was quickly being integrated into
      society and daily life. This particular woman used
      the Internet to find spiritual friendships and
      information. Eventually she discovered a particular
      Web site that had a cyber-monk. Cyber-monk faithfully
      responded to her numerous e-mails and patiently answered
      her many questions. Over time, the woman decided to
      make a spiritual pilgrimage to the retreat center
      where this monk served. Gradually she made the
      decision to make a profession of faith and be baptized
      in the name of Jesus Christ. While being respectful
      of all religious faiths, she came into her own personal
      relationship with Jesus as her guide and companion for
      life.

      I believe we are all pilgrims in search of our sacred
      path. Our human nature searches for the divine mystery.
      We seek our sacred center for personal renewal. We
      need to touch holy places and be touched by the journey.
      Sometimes the journey may be to a distant place on the
      other side of our planet, or it can be as near as our
      back yards or even through cyberspace.

      Where have you journeyed in your search for the holy?
      Have you found your way? Can you describe your sacred
      path? Who is your spiritual guide?

      Consider Christ as your companion. Walk with him and
      you can trust the path. His guidance will bring powerful
      resources of faith, hope, and love for your journey.

      O Sacred Guide, bless my steps and prayers throughout
      this day. Be my companion, I pray. Amen.

      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com