38Third Special Holiday Edition, eNews 31

    Dec 8, 2000
      Thirty-first eNewsletter
      Third Special Holiday Edition

      *************************

      Happy Holidays! Shalom! Welcome once again to the Chi Rho Press
      eNewsletter.
      Please pass this eNewsletter on to your friends and colleagues.

      To join our list and get your own copy of our eNewsletter, send an e-mail
      message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com.

      Direct all other e-mail to Adam@.... See the end of this
      eNewsletter for a complete list of e-mail addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      1. Two New Stained Glass Designs!
      2. New Liturgical Calendar Published!
      3. Holiday Shopping!
      4. Would you make a gift to your Press?
      5. Adam's Last Word New Writers!

      1. Two New Stained Glass Designs!

      We are introducing two new Stained Glass designs for the holiday season today!

      Now these two important symbols of religious faith are available in the LGBT
      rainbow colors. Our Rainbow Cross and Rainbow Star of David are both made of
      seven different colored pieces of glass (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and
      purple with a frosted clear center).

      Both are $18.00 plus shipping and handling and both can be previewed and
      ordered on our Web Site. Please take a look!

      Go to http://www.chirhopress.com/products.html and click on Stained Glass
      in the
      left pane. Use our shopping cart and pay with your credit card.

      On the Rainbow Cross, the colors are in rectangles forming the arms of the
      cross, with the center piece in clear frosted glass.

      For the Rainbow Star of David, the six colors form the points with the center
      piece in frosted glass.

      We have pictures of all of our stained glass products now on our Web page. As
      with our original stained glass cross, the LGBT rainbow flag, and the Aids
      ribbon, these new pieces are hand crafted in the copper foil and solder
      method. They have an attached loop so you may hang it in a window to catch
      the
      light.

      Stained Glass prices are as follows (plus shipping and handling):

      New Stained Glass Rainbow Cross, $18.00.

      New Stained Glass Star of David, $18.00.

      Stained Glass LGBT Rainbow Flag, $18.00.

      Original Stained Glass Cross (clear with red center), $12.00.

      Stained Glass Aids Ribbon, $7.50.

      Please go to our Web site to order and continue your holiday shopping.
      www.ChiRhoPress.com is always open. Browse our books too!

      2. New Liturgical Calendar Published!

      LITURGICAL CALENDAR for YEAR �C� 2000/2001
      compiled by the Rev. Tom Bohache. $4.95 each, $3.75 each for six or more
      copies, plus shipping and handling.

      The calendar is perfect to guide weekly prayer and Bible reading for worship
      and small groups.

      The Rev. Tom Bohache, pastor of MCC in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, has again
      compiled the liturgical calendar for us this year. In response to readers'
      requests, Tom has used the Revised Common Lectionary, used by the majority of
      the Christian world.

      The scripture readings for every Sunday and holy day are listed, along with
      the
      liturgical color of the day and season of the church year. Instead of
      specific
      themes for secular readings, as last year, Tom has provided an extensive
      bibliography of suggested secular readings that he has gathered during his
      long
      and successful ministry. There is also a chart of liturgical colors
      corresponding with seasons of the church year.

      The Liturgical Calendar for Year C begins on the first Sunday in Advent on
      December 3, 2000, and ends on the Last Sunday of Pentecost on November 25,
      2001. In the interest of clarity and convenience, the calendar runs
      through to
      the end of calendar year 2001, Advent and Christmas of the next liturgical
      year
      (Year A). "It is the author's aim to provide, in one easily accessible
      location, the most frequently needed information for preparing the worship
      service - the readings of the church year," writes Rev. Bohache in his
      introduction.

      The Calendar is now available for $4.95 each, $3.75 each for six or more
      copies, plus shipping and handling. Please go to our Web page to order using
      our convenient shopping cart, and pay with your credit card.

      3. Holiday Shopping!

      WOW! People are really doing a lot of their Christmas shopping on the Chi Rho
      Press Web page! We have noticed a significant increase in shopping cart
      sales. Thanks for your support.

      For those of you who haven�t finished your holiday shopping, remember
      Christmas
      is just two and a half weeks (or 17 days) away. On the Chi Rho Press Web
      page,
      every day is a shopping day. We never close!

      As you can tell from our first story, our Stained Glass Fairy has been busy
      lately (let�s not go there!). Adam has come up with two new stained glass
      designs, a Rainbow Cross and a Rainbow Star of David. Both are only $18 and
      you can now see pictures of them and our other stained glass pieces on our web
      page.

      But as we are primarily a publishing house, we need to reaffirm that books
      make
      great gifts! Here are some suggestions:

      "Families Re-Membered: Pastoral Support for Friends and Families Living with
      HIV/AIDS,� by the Rev. Dr. Louis F. Kavar, $10.95.

      "What a Fellowship," by Jean Gralley, a wonderful cartoon book, $8.95.

      "The Road to Emmaus," a daily devotional compiled by Joseph Houle, now only
      $9.95.

      "The Bible and Homosexuality," by Rev. Michael England, the best primer on the
      �clobber passages� around, only $10.95 each.

      "From Wounded Hearts, a wonderful anthology of people of faith from many
      different church backgrounds telling their stories, including LGBT people and
      family members and friends, $19.95 each.

      "Called OUT!", another great anthology of LGBT Presbyterians telling their
      stories of their lives in and out of the Presbyterians church, at $17.95.

      "Come Home!" by Chris Glaser, probably the best Gay Christian author in the
      United States today we think this is his best book, at $19.95.

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," by Dr. Rembert Truluck, for $24.95.

      In addition to books, our rainbow key chains and bracelets make great stocking
      stuffers or small inexpensive gifts at only $2.00 each!

      All are available on our Web site, www.ChiRhoPress.com, where you can buy them
      using our handy shopping cart and your credit card.

      You can help us tremendously by doing at least part of your Christmas shopping
      at www.ChiRhoPress.com. Choose from our many wonderful books and gifts. Even
      if you have visited our Web page recently, we encourage you to click on again
      today and order a Christmas gift or two.

      Thank you and happy holidays!

      4. Would you make a gift to your Press?

      At this time of giving, would you consider making a gift to your LGBT
      Christian
      publishing house?

      As our faithful readers know, we have taken on a significant additional
      financial obligation by hiring Kevin Stone Fries as our Editor/Office
      Manager.
      Kevin�s work is making an important difference here at Chi Rho Press.

      Would you consider helping by making a year-end/Christmas gift to Chi Rho
      Press, along with your purchases? You might also want to pledge a monthly
      gift
      to Chi Rho Press during the new year.

      If you can make a contribution, please send your check or money order to us at
      Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898. Your gift will be an
      important element in our continued success. As always, we also ask for your
      prayers as we continue in this non-profit ministry. Thank you!

      5. Adam's Last Word.

      We are sending weekly eNewsletters this year from Thanksgiving through
      Christmas. We hope to have something new and exciting for you in each Advent
      issue.

      In our last eNews we announced the publication of the 2001 Liturgical Calendar
      (see article number 2 in this issue). In this edition, we announce the
      addition of two new stained glass pieces and pictures of our stained glass
      finally on our Web site.

      In the next issue, on Dec. 15, we will announce the contract signing of an
      exciting new book of daily devotions, and our Dec. 22 issue will feature a
      guest article by a wonderful columnist for USA Today, Mr. Craig Wilson.

      Books make wonderful gifts! Please do at least some of your Christmas
      shopping
      at www.ChiRhoPress.com!

      May God continue to bless you throughout this Advent season.

      We are glad you are partners with us here at Chi Rho Press. We are eager for
      your comments, your suggestions, your assistance with selling our books, and
      your own purchases! And of course, we covet your prayers for this ministry.

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of someone
      passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would like to
      receive it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end of our
      eNewsletter to subscribe.

      To order, please visit wwwChiRhoPress.com. You may pay by credit card on our
      web page or we will ship your order after receiving your check or money
      order.
      Include your e-mail address, mailing address, and telephone number please.

      If you have questions, please write to Question@.... For comments
      and suggestions about this eNewsletter, please write eNews@....
      For all other correspondence, please write Adam@....

      Our Canadian friends can order using credit cards on our web page or through
      our Canadian distributor, MAP Enterprises, Mary Ann Pearson, Box 340, 54
      Centre
      St., Odessa, ONT, Canada, K0H 2H0; e-mail: mapenterprises@...; phone or
      fax: 1-613-386-5711; or toll free (leave a message) 1-877-245-9569.

      Kevin Stone Fries, Editor/Office Manager, Kevin@....

      Grace and peace,

      R. Adam DeBaugh
      Director
      Subscribe to our free Chi Rho Press eNewsletter
      mailto:ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com

      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website. You can order using our convenient shopping
      cart and pay on line using your credit card!
      http://www.ChiRhoPress.com

      Gaithersburg, MD 20898, USA

      301/926-1208 (phone/fax)