      message to ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com.

      All other email should be directed to Adam@.... See the end of
      this eNewsletter for a complete list of email addresses at ChiRhoPress.com.

      1. New Board Member
      2. New Web Mistress
      3. New Office Assistant
      4. Up-coming District Conferences
      5. The Passing of One of our Authors
      6. Two Opportunities to Tithe on Your Time to Chi Rho Press
      7. "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse"
      8. Adam's Last Word

      1. New Board Member

      Raye Ann Dorn has joined the Chi Rho Press Board of Directors. Raye Ann is
      our first heterosexual and transgendered board member. She has been married
      to her husband Larry Dorn for 32 years and is a member of Holy Redeemer MCC
      in College Park, Maryland. Raye Ann works for the Veterans' Health
      Administration in Washington, DC, as National Coordinator of Cancer Programs. We welcome
      Raye Ann and her many gifts to our Board of Directors!

      2. New Web Mistress Hired

      Suzanne Hediger has been retained as the new web mistress for Chi Rho Press.
      Suzanne will be working to fine tune the excellent work begun by web master
      Mark David Streetman over the past year and will add new elements to the web
      page over the next few months, including an interactive order form. Welcome
      to the Chi Rho Press team, Suzanne!

      3. New Office Assistant

      Our part time office assistant for the past four months, Stephen DeVilbiss,
      has had to leave Chi Rho Press to concentrate on other ventures. We wish
      Stephen well in his new work and bless him for his hard work with us.

      Unfortunately, Stephen's departure came just as we were taking delivery on
      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," and resulted in us getting behind on
      filling orders, filing, keeping up with correspondence, and even getting
      this eNewsletter out! The good news is that we have hired Jason Gergler
      part time to help out. Jason has just finished four years in the U.S.
      Marine Corps and also works full time at the company where Adam DeBaugh has
      his secular job. Jason brings excellent computer skills, attention to
      detail, and many other office skills to his new position. He will be helping
      to fill orders, keeping track of accounts receivable, doing data entry,
      maintaining inventory, and generally assisting in the office. We welcome
      Jason to the Chi Rho Press team.

      4. Up-coming District Conferences

      We hope to be able to participate in two MCC District Conferences this
      spring, the Gulf Lower Atlantic District Conference in Knoxville, TN, May 19
      through 21, and the Great Lakes District Conference in Indianapolis,
      Indiana, June 2 through 4. It has been a couple of years since we have been
      able to attend either of these District's conferences, and we are looking
      forward to spending time with old friends. The Rev. Jay Neely is District
      Coordinator for the GLAD District and Ms. Judy Dale is the Great Lakes
      District Coordinator. Both are wonderful, spirit-filled people who have
      incredible ministries in their districts and the UFMCC. Adam DeBaugh will
      be setting up a Chi Rho Press bookstore at each of these District
      Conferences. If you are near Knoxville or Indianapolis, please stop by and
      visit! E-mail Adam at Adam@... for more information about these
      conferences, which promise to be excellent events!

      And if you are in southern Virginia, you won't want to miss the Mid-Atlantic
      District Conference in Roanoke, Virginia, Memorial Day weekend, May 26 and
      27. The Rev. Arlene Ackerman, Mid-Atlantic District Coordinator, and her
      team have planned a dynamite conference featuring UFMCC founder, the Rev.
      Elder Troy Perry. Unfortunately, prior plans prevent Adam from attending
      this conference, but we hope to have a Chi Rho Press presence there as well!

      5. The Passing of One of our Authors

      We are sad to report the passing of Dubose McLane in February of this year.
      Bo (or Mac to some of his dear friends) died at the age of 76 near his home
      in State College, Pennsylvania. He was one of the contributing authors to
      the anthology, "From Wounded Hearts: Faith Stories of Lesbian, Gay,
      Bisexual, and Transgendered People and Those who Love Them." Bo wrote
      chapter 13, "My Spiritual Journey." A founding member of two Metropolitan
      Community Churches in New York City, and active in University Mennonite
      Church in State College
      after his retirement there, Bo was also active in PFLAG, the
      Brethren/Mennonite Council for Lesbian/Gay Concerns, and other
      organizations. He was a generous, self-effacing, talented, and wonderful
      man and we shall miss him greatly.

      Adam was able to attend the memorial service in State College, at Foxdale
      Retirement Community, where Bo lived. The Rev. Pat Bumgardner, pastor of
      MCC New York, and the Rev. David Miller, pastor of University Mennonite
      Church officiated. Bo is survived by his twin brother and seven nieces and
      nephews and their

      6. Opportunities to Tithe on Your Time to Chi Rho Press

      We are looking for two dedicated people to fill two new volunteer positions
      at Chi Rho Press.

      First, we are looking for a volunteer bookkeeper or accountant to assist us
      with reports and taxes. The person should have experience or at least
      knowledge of Federal and Maryland State taxes and reporting, or at least the
      ability to get the required Maryland State information.

      Second, we are looking for a volunteer Bookstore Liaison, someone who will
      assist us in being in touch with LGBT bookstores, religious bookstores,
      bookstore chains, and other outlets for our books, alerting them to our
      titles and discounts, and selling books to them. This person would also
      explore distribution houses as well.

      Both these positions are volunteer staff (at least for now) and neither of
      them have to be near our offices. Your expenses will be paid, of course.

      Please contact Adam DeBaugh at Adam@... if you are interested in
      either of these positions. Thank you!

      7. "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse"

      We are extremely pleased with the sales of "Steps to Recovery from Bible
      Abuse," by Dr. Rembert Truluck since its publication at the end of January.
      This long-awaited book retails for $24.95 each, six or more copies for
      $18.75 each, plus shipping and handling. We have sold over a third of our
      press run already!

      Rembert Truluck says, "'Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse' is far more than
      a book of information, Bible studies, and personal experiences. It is a book
      that will be extended through my Web site in on-going expanding resources of
      updates, bibliography, and new information about our dynamic changing world
      and our place in it. This combination of book and Web site will provide a
      practical and constantly up-dated resource for individuals and small groups
      to learn and experience the truth and to share their hope with others."

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," says Dr. Truluck, "is over 550 pages
      of information and encouragement to equip gay, lesbian, bisexual, and
      transgendered people and all others who have been abused and oppressed by
      religion to learn the truth and to rejoice and grow in their God-given worth
      as individuals."

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse" is organized in 18 chapters. The first
      five chapters contain introductory material, including essays on "Why this
      Book is Here," "My Story" by Dr. Truluck, "Jesus Heals Sick Religion,"
      "Guidelines for Small Groups," and "How to Use this Book."

      The next 13 chapters are the Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse. Each of
      the 13 Steps contains four Bible Study Lessons, suitable for personal study
      or small group use. As a result there are 52 Lessons, one for each week of
      the year.

      The 13 Steps are organized into five parts, "Jesus and Spiritual Freedom,"
      "Eliminate the Negative," "Accentuate the Positive," "Reach Out," and
      "Beyond Recovery."

      In addition, there are six special studies in the book's appendix: "How I
      Lead Workshops and Small Groups," "Homosexuality and the Bible,"
      "Challenging the Ex-Gay Industry," "The Dynamics of Religious Abuse," "A Gay
      Christian's Response to the Southern Baptists," and "How Do You Name God?"

      With all this information and at over 550 pages, "Steps to Recovery from
      Bible Abuse" is well worth the $24.95 list price ($18.75 each for six or
      more books). It is also the largest book Chi Rho Press has ever published.

      Shipping and handling for "Steps" is $3.50 for one book, $4.50 for two
      books, $5.50 for three books, $6.50 for four books, and 7% of the total for
      five or more books ordered. Send your check or money order, made out to Chi
      Rho Press, to us at P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898. You may also
      order via email and be invoiced, write Orders@... with the
      number of books you want and your mailing address and phone number.

      8. Adam's Last Word.

      The following was sent over a gay religious list that I am a part of. It
      purportedly is an editorial from the Dallas Morning News. I think it hits
      the nail right on the head!

      "Which kind of marriage is the true joke?

      "On the TV show Who Wants to Marry a Multi-Millionaire?, a man chose his
      bride from 50 women who paraded on stage in bathing suits and wedding gowns.

      "She wanted his money; he wanted a trophy; neither of them ever met each
      other before. The judge who officiated proclaimed the union was based on
      the love and trust they developed (I guess in the 90 seconds in between
      their meeting and the wedding).

      "Gay and lesbian people who are in committed, long-term relationships are
      denied the opportunity to marry because their relationships supposedly make
      a "mockery" out of marriage. Which relationship is the true joke?"

      As our assistant editor, Kevin Fries said recently about this ridiculous
      show, "It's a strange world!" I am dismayed that the religious right are
      not clamoring about this travesty - but then I don't imagine they could make
      much money railing against a television show unless it has LGBT people in
      it! Now if the show had been "Who Wants to Marry Will (of Will and Grace)"
      or "Who Wants to Marry Ellen (Degeneris)" - hmmmm - now that's an idea! I
      have to go call my agent! <grin>

      I hope you have all had a blessed Easter and that spring is bringing you a
      great deal of joy. The March on Washington is coming up next weekend and we
      hope that this event will spur the growth of LGBT organizations locally and
      perhaps even influence legislators in Washington and in state capitals.

      We are glad you are partners with us here at Chi Rho Press. We are eager
      for your comments, your suggestions, your assistance with selling our books,
      and your own purchases! And of course, we covet your prayers for this

      Grace and peace,

      Adam DeBaugh, Director

      If you've received our eNewsletter as a result of the good offices of
      someone passing it along to you (which we certainly encourage) and would
      like to receive it directly from us, please follow the directions at the end
      of our eNewsletter to subscribe.

      For orders, please write to us: Orders@.... If you have
      questions,please write to Question@.... For comments and
      suggestions about this eNewsletter, please write eNews@.... For
      all other correspondence, please write Adam@....

      You may order any of our books via snail mail, telephone, fax, or email at
      Orders@.... We will ship your order with an invoice. Include
      your email address, mailing address, and telephone number please.

      View our web page at http://www.ChiRhoPress/com.

      For the convenience of our friends outside of the USA, we suggest ordering
      our books through Amazon.com.

      Copyright 2000, Chi Rho Press, Inc.

      SUBSCRIBE: ChiRhoPress-subscribe@egroups.com
      Visit the Chi Rho Press Website