13"Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse"

  • ChiRhoPress
    Nov 7, 1999
      Chi Rho Press is pleased to announce the up-coming publication of
      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," by Dr. Rembert Truluck.

      This long-awaited book will retail for $24.95, but we are now
      offering a Pre-Paid, Pre-Publication Sale. From now until the books
      are delivered from the printer and bindery, "Steps to Recovery from
      Bible Abuse" is available for $19.95, plus shipping and handling.

      This price (20% off the list price) is only available for pre-paid
      orders received before publication of "Steps to Recovery from Bible
      Abuse."

      Books ordered through this Pre-Paid, Pre-Publication Sale will be the
      first ones shipped as the book rolls off the presses. Send your check
      or money order, made out to Chi Rho Press, to us at P.O. Box 7864,
      Gaithersburg, MD 20898.

      Shipping and handling for this special sale is $2.50 for one book,
      $3.50 for two books, $4.50 for three books, $5.50 for four books,
      $6.50 for five books, and 7% of the total for six or more books
      ordered. You may order (and prepay) as many books as you want at
      this $19.95 price.

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse," says Dr. Truluck, "will be over
      500 pages of information and encouragement to equip gay, lesbian,
      bisexual, and transgendered people and all others who have been
      abused and oppressed by religion to learn the truth and to rejoice
      and grow in their God-given worth as individuals."

      "Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse" is organized in 18 chapters. The
      first five chapters contain introductory material, including essays
      on "Why this Book is Here," "My Story" by Dr. Truluck, "Jesus Heals
      Sick Religion," "Guidelines for Small Groups," and "How to Use this
      Book."

      The next 13 chapters are the 13 Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse.
      Each of the 13 Steps contains four Bible Study Lessons, suitable for
      personal study or small group use. As a result there are 52 Lessons,
      one for each week of the year.

      The 13 Steps are organized into five parts, "Jesus and Spiritual
      Freedom," "Eliminate the Negative," "Accentuate the Positive," "Reach
      Out," and "Beyond Recovery."

      In addition, there are six special studies in the book's appendix:
      "How I Lead Workshops and Small Groups," "Homosexuality and the
      Bible," "Challenging the Ex-Gay Industry," "The Dynamics of Religious
      Abuse," "A Gay Christian's Response to the Southern Baptists," and
      "How do You Name God?"

      With all this information and at over 500 pages, "Steps to Recovery
      from Bible Abuse" is well worth the $24.95 list price. So the
      Pre-Paid, Pre-Publication sale price of $19.95 is a true bargain. And
      by sending your check or money order for this pre-publication sale
      you will also enable Chi Rho Press to pay for much of the printing
      immediately.

      Rembert Truluck says, "'Steps to Recovery from Bible Abuse' is far
      more than a book of information, Bible studies, and personal
      experiences. It is a book that will be extended through my web site
      in on-going expanding resources of updates, bibliography, and new
      information about our dynamic changing world and our place in it.
      This combination of book and web site will provide a practical and
      constantly up-dated resource for individuals and small groups to
      learn and experience the truth and to share their hope with others."

      Send your check or money order for this important, ground-breaking
      book today to Chi Rho Press, P.O. Box 7864, Gaithersburg, MD 20898.
      Thank you!

      Grace and peace, Adam DeBaugh

      SUBSCRIBE: http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/ChiRhoPress
      Adam DeBaugh, Director, ChiRhoPrss@...