In the name of the almighty

  • LInn
    Message 1 of 63 , May 7 12:18 PM
      Hallo Hallo.

      Learn from it
      When the result is not what you expected, learn from it. When you get the
      result you want, learn from that too. Every experience is a wonderful
      opportunity to learn.

      Wisdom comes from learning the difficult lessons which experience teaches. With
      wisdom comes respect, authority and effectiveness. You pay a hefty price for
      wisdom, and yet what you get is even more valuable than what you paid.

      It is indeed difficult to console yourself to "learning from this" when things
      fail to go your way. It is much easier to get angry, to get depressed, to
      complain or even to forget about the whole thing. But when you do that, you end
      up paying the price without getting any value in return.

      Whatever happens, let it increase your wisdom and, ultimately, your success.
      Whatever happens, get past the concerns of the moment and learn from it.

      Fun Things To Do When Watching Lord Of The Rings

      1. Stand up halfway through the movie and yell loudly,
      "Wait...where the hell is Harry Potter?"

      2. Block the entrance to the theater while screaming,
      "YOU..... SHALL.... NOT..... PASS!"

      3. Play a drinking game where you have to take a sip
      every time someone says, "the Ring."

      4. Point and laugh whenever someone dies.

      5. Ask everyone around you if they think Gandalf went
      to Hogwarts.

      6. Finish off every one of Elrond's lines with "Mister
      Ander- son."

      7. When Aragorn is crowned king, stand up and at the
      top of your lungs sing, "And I did it.... MY way...!"

      8. Talk like Gollum all through the movie. At the end,
      bite off someone's finger and fall down the stairs.

      9. Dress up as old ladies and re-enact "The Battle of
      Helms Deep," Monty Python style.

      10. When Denethor lights the fire, shout "Barbecue!"

      11. When the Ents decide to march to war, stand up and
      shout, "RUN FOREST, RUN!"

      12. Every time someone kills an Orc, yell: "That's
      what I'm Tolkien about!" See how long it takes before
      you get kicked out of the theatre.

      13. During a wide shot of a battle, inquire, "Where's
      Waldo?"

      14. Talk loudly about how you heard that there is a
      single frame of a nude Elf hidden somewhere in the
      movie.

      15. Start an Orc sing-a-long.

      16. Come to the premiere dressed as Frankenfurter and
      wander around looking terribly confused.

      17. When they go in the paths of the dead, wait for a
      tense moment and shout, "I see dead people!"

      18. Imitate what you think a conversation between
      Gollum, Dobby and Yoda would be like.

      19. Release a jar of daddy-long-legs into the theater
      during the Shelob scene.

      20. Wonder out loud if Aragorn is going to run for
      governor of California.

      21. When Shelob comes on, exclaim, "Man! Charlotte's
      really let herself go!"

      22. As Frodo is standing, hesitating to drop the ring,
      yell 'Get on with it!'

      23. When the armies attack the massive elephant
      creatures, start griping loudly about how it's a
      blatant rip-off of Star Wars and the battle with the
      walkers on Endor.

      24. Insist you can spot William Wallace in the scene
      right before the final battle charge.

      25. Insist Gandalf is played by Jean Luc Picard, who
      has no real magic, just some decent melee skills, and
      incredible futuristic knowledge of how everything
      seems to work.

      Love It
      Love what you do, and it will be great.
      Love the world, and it will be beautiful.
      Love this day, and it will bring fulfillment.
      Love yourself, and you'll grow stronger.

      Love others, and they'll blossom.
      Love learning, and you'll be wise.
      Love a challenge, and you'll be skilled.
      Love the moments, and they'll propel you forward.

      Love the truth, and you'll understand.
      Love to make a difference, and you'll be admired.
      Love to be alive, and your life will be full.
      Love to work, and your work will bring true value.
      Love to play, and you'll experience true enjoyment.

       If you're going to do it, love it, and
      See how much better it makes you.
      No one achieves greatness,

      by doing what they detest.
      If you're going to be it,
       if you're going to live it, love it.

       Think of how exhilarating love can be
      Think of how love can motivate you and
      inspire you like nothing else can.

       Tap into that power with every passing moment.
      It's your life.

      Love it and make it great !

      Ralph Marston

      Happy Heart Medicine

      Can you remember a time when you were really sick? Whether it was a splitting headache or a queasy stomach, the right medicine worked wonders. But what is the remedy for a broken heart or a shattered dream? Interestingly enough, Scripture does speak of a spiritual cure for life's letdowns. It could be called "happy heart medicine." "A [happy] heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones" (Proverbs 17:22 NKJV).

      This verse takes a realistic look at life's difficulties. "A happy heart" is a faith-produced inner rejoicing that affects what we think, decisions we make, and eventually how we feel. It's the will to give thanks in life's series of gains and losses. The reason that it is "good medicine" is that it has a positive effect on how we perceive and experience life. It restores our spiritual health.

      But the verse goes on to observe how a wounded spirit left untended can lead to despair. "A broken spirit" can apply to painful experiences lodged in our memories that cripple us. They are the past failures and emotional injuries that inhibit our choices right now. These negative ideas can "dry the bones." That is, they can sap the life-giving energies that feed and support us in our walk with God. So how do we "take our medicine"? Here are several suggestions:

      Learn how to praise wherever you are (1 Thessalonians 5:16).
      • Give thanks to God for, and even in spite of, your circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
      • Recognize the proper place for grieving and recovering from loss (1 Kings 19:1-10).
      • Bring your wounds to God for healing in prayer (Isaiah 53:5; 2 Corinthians 1:3-5).
      • Try to look for the good in a negative situation (Philippians 1:12-14).
      • Be a channel of blessing to others (Ephesians 2:10; Philippians 2:3-4). Feel sick from disappointment? Take your meds. A "happy heart" does act like good medicine! — by Dennis Fisher

      bottom line: A happy heart starts with praising The almighty

       My Craetor I beg you take my hand
      and guide me on life's road.
      Implant within my deepest heart
      the faith to bear the load.

       My Craetor look down and smile on me
      so that when skies are gray
      I too can smile until m y cares
      have faded fast away.

       My dearest Craetor  I ask you not
      for hoards of shining gold,
      but only for the strength to work
      and righteousness uphold.

       Cause me to trust my fellow man
      a nd practice brotherhood.
      For in this way I'll shun the bad.
      And somehow find the good.

       My Craetor if you should take away
      what I may prize the most
      I still will look to you for hope,
      you are my trusted host.

        My Craetor hear this my humble prayer,
      please keep me free from sin,
      so when I stand outside your door
      you'll ask me to come in.

      Good Luck.
      Linn

    • ard&lan
      Message 63 of 63 , Sep 6, 2004
        If i could tell you...

        If only we Believe

        To believe is to know that every day
        is a new beginning.
        It is to trust that miracles happen,
        and dreams really do come true.
        To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,
        To know the wonder of a stardust sky
        and the wisdom of the man in the moon.
        To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,
        The innocence of a child's eyes
        and the beauty of an aging hand,
        for it is through their teachings we learn to love.
        To believe is to find the strength
        and courage that lies within us.
        When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.
        To believe is to know that wonderful surprises
        are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.

        To believe is to know we are not alone,
        That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it & be thankful.

        Change wioth the light

        ard&lan