In the name of the almighty

  • ard&lan
    Message 1 of 63 , Aug 2, 2004
      If i could tell you ...

      Much I have strained to make my soul obey,
      But for whose sin I had not gone astray;
      When I would be obedient, it was faint
      And showed a strange distaste and unrestraint.
      I wrestled with my soul as with a foe,
      It bidding me to err, I saying no;
      We were as ancient enemies at large.
      I put on patience, to withstand its charge;
      With troops of tempting it came forth to fight -
      What patience could withstand such reckless might? -
      Which gave it courage when its courage quailed,
      And reinforcement when its forces failed.
      Now I succeed, now it, in the affray;
      Yet, when we meet, it ever wins the day.
      I love it well, but it opposes me
      As if I held it not in amity;
      It is an enemy I cannot hate,
      A memory I can ne'er obliterate.

      Change with the light
      ard&lan
    • ard&lan
      Message 63 of 63 , Sep 6, 2004
        If i could tell you...

        If only we Believe

        To believe is to know that every day
        is a new beginning.
        It is to trust that miracles happen,
        and dreams really do come true.
        To believe is to see angels dancing among the clouds,
        To know the wonder of a stardust sky
        and the wisdom of the man in the moon.
        To believe is to know the value of a nurturing heart,
        The innocence of a child's eyes
        and the beauty of an aging hand,
        for it is through their teachings we learn to love.
        To believe is to find the strength
        and courage that lies within us.
        When it is time to pick up the pieces and begin again.
        To believe is to know that wonderful surprises
        are just waiting to happen,And all our hopes and dreams are within reach.

        To believe is to know we are not alone,
        That life is a gift and this is our time to cherish it & be thankful.

        Change wioth the light

        ard&lan