The cornett arrived today

  • ruadh@iinet.net.au
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
      Hi,

      The cornett arrived today and I think my fingers are too short to cover
      the holes. Also, when I get a sound that is something like a note, my
      lips feel like I've been kissing a nine volt battery :P

      Matt
    • Rachel Kerr
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
        Hi Matt

        Glad to hear that the cornett has arrived; however, you must be disappointed about the hole spacing being too big for your fingers.  I wonder if the EMS would do an exchange for a smaller one.

        I'm not sure what kissing a nine volt battery feels like.  Tingly, I suppose.  I expect your lips will get used to it after a while.

        Rachel

      • Roni Gors
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 1, 2012
          Yippeeee!!!!  That it has arrived that is!

          The ligaments between your fingers should stretch with practice, so it might be alright... how far out are you with the spacing?  I know when I started guitar I couldnt stretch to certain chords but I can now, and I have little fingers.

          The 9 volt battery thing you also get used to, LOL.

          If you are really not certain, then try the exchange idea as Rachel said :)

          Roni

          On 02/06/2012, at 6:21 AM, Rachel Kerr wrote:

          Hi Matt

          Glad to hear that the cornett has arrived; however, you must be disappointed about the hole spacing being too big for your fingers.  I wonder if the EMS would do an exchange for a smaller one.

          I'm not sure what kissing a nine volt battery feels like.  Tingly, I suppose.  I expect your lips will get used to it after a while.

          Rachel

        • Matthew