: January 2013

  • Daniel Modrell
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010

      Dan

      January 2013

      One sunny day in January, 2013 an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue , where he'd been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama."

      The Marine looked at the man and said, "Sir, Mr. Obama is no longer president and no longer resides here."

      The old man said, "Okay", and walked away.

      The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama."

      The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Obama is no longer president and no longer resides here."
      The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.

      The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with President Obama."

      The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to speak to Mr. Obama. I've told you already that Mr. Obama is no longer the president and no longer resides here. Don't you understand?"

      The old man looked at the Marine and said, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."

      The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow, Sir."

      .