: 545 people vs 300 million people

  • Daniel Modrell
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2010

      Dan

      And our forefathers dumped tea in Boston harbor because of a 4% tax. What do you think they think of us?

      Subject:  545 people vs 300 million people

      A bi-partisan view!!  Excellent macro analogy of our National Organizational Chart..  Remember, we are The Board of Directors!!!!

                 IN GOD WE TRUST, NOT THE POLITICIANS!
      It is well worth reading the whole article, if you agree, please pass it along....

      What the hell happened?? - 545 people vs 300 million people!!!

      This is about as clear and easy to understand as it can be - read it!!
      The article below is completely neutral, ...not anti republican or democrat.

      Charlie Reese, a retired reporter for the Orlando Sentinal has hit the nail directly on the head, defining clearly who it is that in the final analysis must assume responsibility for the judgements made that impact each one of us every day.

      It's a short but good read.  Worth the time.  Worth remembering!

      545 vs. 300,000,000

      EVERY  CITIZEN NEEDS TO READ THIS AND THINK ABOUT WHAT THIS JOURNALIST HAS  SCRIPTED IN THIS MESSAGE.  READ IT  AND THEN REALLY THINK ABOUT  OUR CURRENT POLITICAL DEBACLE.

      Charley  Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.

      545  PEOPLE--By Charlie Reese

      Politicians are the only people in the world  who create problems and then campaign against them..

      Have you ever  wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

      Have you ever wondered, if  all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

      You and I don't propose a federal budget.  The president does.

      You and I don't have the  Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of  Representatives does.

      You and I don't write the tax code, Congress  does.

      You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

      You  and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve  Bank does.

      One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one President, and nine Supreme Court justices equates to 545 human  beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally,  and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague  this country.

      I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve  Board because that problem was created by the  Congress.   In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty  to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central  bank.

      I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a  sound reason. They have no legal authority.  They have no  ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one  cotton-picking thing.   I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash.  The  politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what  the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility  to determine  how he votes.

      Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault.    They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

      What  separates a politician from a normal human being is an  excessive amount of gall.   No normal  human being would have the gall of a  Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating  deficits......   The president can only propose a budget.    He cannot force the Congress to accept  it.

      The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the  land, gives sole responsibility to the House of  Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.   Who is the speaker of the House?    Nancy Pelosi.  She is  the leader of the majority party.  She and  fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want.  If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if  they agree  to.

      It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300 million can  not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts -- of  incompetence and irresponsibility.   I can't think of a  single domestic problem  that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.  When you fully  grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal  government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to  exist.

      If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it  unfair.

      If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in  the red .

      If the Army & Marines are in   IRAQ   ,  it's because they want them in  IRAQ

      If they do not  receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available  to the people, it's because they want it that way.

      There are no  insoluble government problems.

      Do not let these 545 people shift  the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can  abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to  regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can  take this power.   Above all, do not let them con you into  the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the  economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing  what they take an oath to do.

      Those 545 people, and they  alone, are responsible.

      They, and they alone, have the  power..

      They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the  people who are their bosses.

      Provided the voters have the  gumption to manage their own employees..

      We should vote all of  them out of office and clean up their mess!

      Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the  Orlando  Sentinel  Newspaper.

      What you do with this article now that you have  read it......... Is up to you.

      This might be funny if it weren't so darned true.
      Be sure to read all the way to the end:
      Tax his land,
      Tax his bed,
      Tax the table,
      At which he's fed.

      Tax his tractor,

      Tax his mule,
      Teach him taxes
      Are the rule.
      Tax his work,
      Tax his pay,
      He works for peanuts
      Anyway!

      Tax his cow,
      Tax his goat,
      Tax his pants,
      Tax his coat.

      Tax his ties,
      Tax his shirt,
      Tax his work,
      Tax his dirt.

      Tax his tobacco,
      Tax his drink,
      Tax him if he
      Tries to think..

      Tax his cigars,
      Tax his beers,
      If he cries
      Tax his tears.

      Tax his car,
      Tax his gas,
      Find other ways
      To tax his ass.

      Tax all he has

      Then let him know
      That you won't be done
      Till he has no dough.

      When he screams and hollers;
      Then tax him some more,
      Tax him till
      He's good and sore.

      Then tax his coffin,
      Tax his grave,
      Tax the sod in
      Which he's laid...

      Put these words
      Upon his tomb,
      Taxes drove me
      to my doom...'

      When he's gone,
      Do not relax,
      Its time to apply
      The inheritance tax..

      Accounts Receivable Tax
      Building Permit Tax
      CDL license Tax
      Cigarette Tax
      Corporate Income Tax
      Dog License Tax
      Excise Taxes
      Federal Income Tax
      Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
      Fishing License Tax
      Food License Tax
      Fuel Permit Tax
      Gasoline Tax
      (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
      Gross Receipts Tax
      Hunting License Tax
      Inheritance Tax
      Inventory Tax
      IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties
      (tax on top of tax)
      Internet Server Tax
      Liquor Tax
      Luxury Taxes
      Marriage License Tax
      Medicare Tax
      Personal Property Tax
      Property Tax
      Real Estate Tax
      Service Charge Tax
      Social Security Tax
      Road Usage Tax
      Recreational Vehicle Tax
      Sales Tax
      School Tax
      State Income Tax
      State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
      Telephone Federal Excise Tax
      Telephone Federal Universal Service FeeTax
      Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
      Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
      Telephone Recurring and Nonrecurring Charges Tax
      Telephone   State  and Local Tax
      Telephone Usage Charge Tax
      Utility Taxes
      Vehicle License Registration Tax
      Vehicle Sales Tax
      Watercraft Registration Tax
      Well Permit Tax
      Workers Compensation Tax

      STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY? Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, & our nation was the most prosperous in the world.  We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

      What in the hell happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'

      I hope this goes around THE  USA  at least 100 times!!!  YOU can help it get there!!!
      GO AHEAD - - - BE AN AMERICAN!!!

           IN GOD WE TRUST,
         NOT THE POLITICIANS.