Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: OT: Ribs! - Georgetown

  • David Gahagan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2003
      The Pit is still open.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Candy Lind" <candylind@...>
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2003 11:33 AM
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: OT: Ribs! - Georgetown

      I'm almost certain this place closed not too long ago. My friend is
      bemoaning the fact that there is not ONE BBQ place left in G'town!

      Candy Lind candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
      Geocaching worldwide: http://www.geocaching.com in Texas:
      http://www.txga.net

      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2003
        The Pit had a fire last year and were closed for remodeling. They've
        been reopened for several months now. I've eaten there several times
        since then. There's another place in the process of opening on 29
        juast east of the S. San Gabriel bridge.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "David Gahagan"
        <david@g...> wrote:
        > The Pit is still open.

        p/CentralTexasGeocachers

        Service.
      • Tim Gahagan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
          It is back open, ate there last Monday. It was closed for a period of time because of a fire.

          Tim

          <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
          > Sounds like a great place.  I'm not too sure about the day though.
          We will
          > be up in Georgetown on Monday and Tuesday.
          >
          > Thursday is already allocated to baseball and Saturday to Scoltz's.  I
          > never realised that we would have such a busy social calender!!!!
          >
          > Alex.
          >

          > At 16:30 06/07/2003, you wrote:
          > >Never let it be said we were not GREAT hosts! We'll visit wherever you
          > >like, but our favorite is still
          > ><http://www.countyline.com/comeseeus.asp>The County Line (and maybe
          you
          > >prefer pork ribs because you never HAD their BEEF RIBS!
          Fall-off-the-bone
          > >tender. MMMMMMM. There is a reason their company has expanded beyond
          > >Austin!). Wayne and Trey will be standing in line to get on this
          > >particular leg of your custom Austin Multicache!
          > >
          > >Whoever else wants to go, you're invited! If we get enough takers
          (20 at
          > >least, I think) I can make a reservation.
          > >
          > >Alex, what day?? We should probably go for dinner, and if we go
          after 6
          > >there will be a wait (which you won't mind because there is a great
          deck
          > >where you can sip some suds). We could wait til Monday evening (the
          14th)
          > >so the food overload won't interfere with house hunting and
          geocaching (as
          > >much)!
          > >
          > >Candy Lind

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor