Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: OT: Ribs! - Georgetown

  • Candy Lind
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2003
      I'm almost certain this place closed not too long ago. My friend is bemoaning the fact that there is not ONE BBQ place left in G'town!

      Candy Lind    candylind@...
      I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
      Sent: Sunday, July 06, 2003 11:08 AM
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: OT: Ribs!

      Georgetown has a pretty good BBQ place called "The Pit".  Here's a
      link to their site.
      http://thepitbbq.com/General_Menu/Dinners/dinners.html

      Kevin

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Alex Alexander
      <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
      > Sounds like a great place.  I'm not too sure about the day though.
      We will
      > be up in Georgetown on Monday and Tuesday.
      >
      > Thursday is already allocated to baseball and Saturday to Scoltz's.  I
      > never realised that we would have such a busy social calender!!!!
      >
      > Alex.
      >

      > At 16:30 06/07/2003, you wrote:
      > >Never let it be said we were not GREAT hosts! We'll visit wherever you
      > >like, but our favorite is still
      > ><http://www.countyline.com/comeseeus.asp>The County Line (and maybe
      you
      > >prefer pork ribs because you never HAD their BEEF RIBS!
      Fall-off-the-bone
      > >tender. MMMMMMM. There is a reason their company has expanded beyond
      > >Austin!). Wayne and Trey will be standing in line to get on this
      > >particular leg of your custom Austin Multicache!
      > >
      > >Whoever else wants to go, you're invited! If we get enough takers
      (20 at
      > >least, I think) I can make a reservation.
      > >
      > >Alex, what day?? We should probably go for dinner, and if we go
      after 6
      > >there will be a wait (which you won't mind because there is a great
      deck
      > >where you can sip some suds). We could wait til Monday evening (the
      14th)
      > >so the food overload won't interfere with house hunting and
      geocaching (as
      > >much)!
      > >
      > >Candy Lind

    • David Gahagan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2003
        The Pit is still open.

        Geocaching worldwide: http://www.geocaching.com in Texas:
        http://www.txga.net

        <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
        > Sounds like a great place. I'm not too sure about the day though.
        We will
        > be up in Georgetown on Monday and Tuesday.
        >
        > Thursday is already allocated to baseball and Saturday to Scoltz's. I
        > never realised that we would have such a busy social calender!!!!
        >
        > Alex.
        >

        > At 16:30 06/07/2003, you wrote:
        > >Never let it be said we were not GREAT hosts! We'll visit wherever you
        > >like, but our favorite is still
        > ><http://www.countyline.com/comeseeus.asp>The County Line (and maybe
        you
        > >prefer pork ribs because you never HAD their BEEF RIBS!
        Fall-off-the-bone
        > >tender. MMMMMMM. There is a reason their company has expanded beyond
        > >Austin!). Wayne and Trey will be standing in line to get on this
        > >particular leg of your custom Austin Multicache!
        > >
        > >Whoever else wants to go, you're invited! If we get enough takers
        (20 at
        > >least, I think) I can make a reservation.
        > >
        > >Alex, what day?? We should probably go for dinner, and if we go
        after 6
        > >there will be a wait (which you won't mind because there is a great
        deck
        > >where you can sip some suds). We could wait til Monday evening (the
        14th)
        > >so the food overload won't interfere with house hunting and
        geocaching (as
        > >much)!
        > >
        > >Candy Lind

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • L. Kevin D.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2003
          The Pit had a fire last year and were closed for remodeling. They've
          been reopened for several months now. I've eaten there several times
          since then. There's another place in the process of opening on 29
          juast east of the S. San Gabriel bridge.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "David Gahagan"

          Service.
        • Tim Gahagan
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 7, 2003
            It is back open, ate there last Monday. It was closed for a period of time because of a fire.

            Tim

            <alex.yahoogroups@n...> wrote:
            > Sounds like a great place.  I'm not too sure about the day though.
            We will
            > be up in Georgetown on Monday and Tuesday.
            >
            > Thursday is already allocated to baseball and Saturday to Scoltz's.  I
            > never realised that we would have such a busy social calender!!!!
            >
            > Alex.
            >

            > At 16:30 06/07/2003, you wrote:
            > >Never let it be said we were not GREAT hosts! We'll visit wherever you
            > >like, but our favorite is still
            > ><http://www.countyline.com/comeseeus.asp>The County Line (and maybe
            you
            > >prefer pork ribs because you never HAD their BEEF RIBS!
            Fall-off-the-bone
            > >tender. MMMMMMM. There is a reason their company has expanded beyond
            > >Austin!). Wayne and Trey will be standing in line to get on this
            > >particular leg of your custom Austin Multicache!
            > >
            > >Whoever else wants to go, you're invited! If we get enough takers
            (20 at
            > >least, I think) I can make a reservation.
            > >
            > >Alex, what day?? We should probably go for dinner, and if we go
            after 6
            > >there will be a wait (which you won't mind because there is a great
            deck
            > >where you can sip some suds). We could wait til Monday evening (the
            14th)
            > >so the food overload won't interfere with house hunting and
            geocaching (as
            > >much)!
            > >
            > >Candy Lind

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor