RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] OT: Ribs!

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 6, 2003
      We couldn't have you going back to England and telling the folks there that Texans are antisocial.   :)
      Message 2 of 17 , Jul 6, 2003
        And for the best BBQ in the nation you have to go to Blacks in Lockhart.
        No other BBQ even come close.

        At 16:30 06/07/2003, you wrote:
        >Never let it be said we were not GREAT hosts! We'll visit wherever you
        >like, but our favorite is still
        ><http://www.countyline.com/comeseeus.asp>The County Line (and maybe you

        >prefer pork ribs because you never HAD their BEEF RIBS!
        Fall-off-the-bone
        >tender. MMMMMMM. There is a reason their company has expanded beyond
        >Austin!). Wayne and Trey will be standing in line to get on this
        >particular leg of your custom Austin Multicache!
        >
        >Whoever else wants to go, you're invited! If we get enough takers (20
        at
        >least, I think) I can make a reservation.
        >
        >Alex, what day?? We should probably go for dinner, and if we go after 6

        >there will be a wait (which you won't mind because there is a great
        deck
        >where you can sip some suds). We could wait til Monday evening (the
        14th)
        >so the food overload won't interfere with house hunting and geocaching
        (as
        >much)!
        >
        >Candy Lind

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • AusGeoCache@aol.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Jul 6, 2003
          Kreuz beats Blacks hands down..and south Austin BBQ, what's that?
          Name the place I'll meet for you for a tasting.  Heck we might finish in 20-30 years!

        • Grajek
          Message 4 of 17 , Jul 6, 2003

            Ever since Kreuz moved and had the family feud their BBQ has gone down hill. Blacks moves into the number one spot and if it was not for their hot links I think Kreuz would not even make my top ten. South Austin BBQ, what’s that? The Slab Shack Manchaca, Arts Ribs South Lamar and Opie’s Hwy 71. Hell even Rudy’s has gotten better in the last couple of years (HWY3 360 south of Bee Caves). Their pork loin and wet Brisket is very good BBQ but still needs BBQ sauce.  So now we have some tasting to do. Round Rock has a good one, Cooper’s (brother of Llano Cooper’s) over off of Main street.

            Kreuz beats Blacks hands down..and south Austin BBQ, what's that?
            Name the place I'll meet for you for a tasting.  Heck we might finish in 20-30 years!

          • Tim Gahagan
            Message 5 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
              Funny story about Artz Rib house.

              Went there last Thursday, for lunch, and they were out of their "Famous Country Style Pork Ribs"

              Told the girl, too bad they would not make this months issue of Texas Monthly, we might come back next year.

              Tim

              At 12:26 AM 7/7/2003 -0500, you wrote:

              Ever since Kreuz moved and had the family feud their BBQ has gone down hill. Blacks moves into the number one spot and if it was not for their hot links I think Kreuz would not even make my top ten. South Austin BBQ, what s that? The Slab Shack Manchaca, Arts Ribs South Lamar and Opie s Hwy 71. Hell even Rudy s has gotten better in the last couple of years (HWY3 360 south of Bee Caves). Their pork loin and wet Brisket is very good BBQ but still needs BBQ sauce.  So now we have some tasting to do. Round Rock has a good one, Cooper s (brother of Llano Cooper s) over off of Main street.

              Kreuz beats Blacks hands down..and south Austin BBQ, what's that?
              Name the place I'll meet for you for a tasting.  Heck we might finish in 20-30 years!

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Candy Lind
              Message 6 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                Alex, you should NEVER have gotten them started!

                Can you tell Texans are PASSIONATE about their BBQ??? ;-)

                Candy Lind    candylind@...
                I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
                Ever since Kreuz moved and had the family feud their BBQ has gone down hill. Blacks moves into the number one spot and if it was not for their hot links I think Kreuz would not even make my top ten. South Austin BBQ, what’s that? The Slab Shack Manchaca, Arts Ribs South Lamar and Opie’s Hwy 71. Hell even Rudy’s has gotten better in the last couple of years (HWY3 360 south of Bee Caves). Their pork loin and wet Brisket is very good BBQ but still needs BBQ sauce.  So now we have some tasting to do. Round Rock has a good one, Cooper’s (brother of Llano Cooper’s) over off of Main street.

                Kreuz beats Blacks hands down..and south Austin BBQ, what's that?
                Name the place I'll meet for you for a tasting.  Heck we might finish in 20-30 years!

              • L. Kevin D.
                Message 7 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                  Round Rock has Dickey's BBQ (IH35 and Louis Henna), Round Rock BBQ (on
                  620), Pokey Jo's (Sam Bass and IH35), Coopers (N Mays), and <b>Smoky
                  Mo's </b>(behind Whattaburger and The Outback). They're my favorite in
                  town. Of course it's hard to beat Louis Muellers in Taylor. The
                  Taylor Cafe has the best prices, $5.50 for a plate lunch (beer $1.50).
                  It's not half bad either. My ex-father-in-law (from Dunoon, Scotland
                  liked the pork ribs).

                  http://www.txga.net
                  p/CentralTexasGeocachers

                  Service.

                  > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  Service.
                • L. Kevin D.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                    DO HTML tags not work here or did I do it wrong? It's been awhile
                    since I did any.

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "L. Kevin D."

                  • David Gahagan
                    Message 9 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                      Hands Down, best BBQ on the planet is Crosstown in Elgin. If you've never
                      tried their BBQ, you can't compare it to mere mortal BBQ! This guy is on
                      another level.

                      David

                      > DO HTML tags not work here or did I do it wrong? It's been awhile
                      > since I did any.
                      >
                      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "L. Kevin D."
                      > <kdytrich@y...> wrote:
                      > > Round Rock has Dickey's BBQ (IH35 and Louis Henna), Round Rock BBQ (on
                      > > 620), Pokey Jo's (Sam Bass and IH35), Coopers (N Mays), and <b>Smoky
                      > > Mo's </b>(behind Whattaburger and The Outback). They're my favorite in
                      > > town. Of course it's hard to beat Louis Muellers in Taylor. The
                      > > Taylor Cafe has the best prices, $5.50 for a plate lunch (beer $1.50).
                      > > It's not half bad either. My ex-father-in-law (from Dunoon, Scotland
                      > > liked the pork ribs).
                      > >
                      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Candy Lind"
                      > > <candylind@e...> wrote:
                      > > > Alex, you should NEVER have gotten them started!
                      > > >
                      > > > Can you tell Texans are PASSIONATE about their BBQ??? ;-)
                      > > >
                      > > > Candy Lind candylind@e...
                      > > > "Hello, my name is Candy, I go by Moosiegirl, and I am a GEOCACHER."
                      > > > I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!
                      > > > Geocaching worldwide: http://www.geocaching.com in Texas:
                      > > http://www.txga.net
                      > > p/CentralTexasGeocachers

                    • L. Kevin D.
                      Message 10 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                        I've tried Southside (average IMHO). Been wanting to try Meyer's and
                        Crosstown. It's not on 290, is it?

                        -- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "David Gahagan"

                      • David Gahagan
                        Message 11 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                          Nope, it's in downtown Elgin. Just around the corner from the original
                          southside. Maybe setup a Geogathering there sometime? (Like how I got us
                          back on topic with geocaching?)

                          Same street as Elgin PD (4th I believe) just east of the rr tracks.

                          -David

                          Message 12 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                            Rockdale's "No Teeth BBQ" takes it name only. He claims his ribs are so tender that teeth are optional. Not bad and it is North of the Colorado where real BBQ reigns.

                            Cache on,

                            Richard AKA Blizzard
                          • Grajek
                            Message 13 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                              I need to try crosstown. "Another level" sounds pretty good to me.

                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 7, 2003
                                Well you can't really argue against ribs where the meat falls off the
                                bone now can you.