Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] YIPEE! I GOT 100 TODAY!

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 5, 2003
      Are you willing to work in Dallas or Houston? we might know a lead...

      Catalyst and Team JKC

      "L. Kevin D." <kdytrich@...> wrote:
      I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
      while since I really need to find a job soon.  If anyone has any
      leads, please let me know.  I don't have any degrees or
      certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well.  I was an electronics
      tech for 20 years in the Navy.  I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
      have lots of experience learning new jobs.
      Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
      Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
      the Skyline cache.  It may not have been hot today, but I still
      sweated like I had been in a sauna.

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Alex Alexander
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
        One of the things you just can't get in the UK are decent ribs.

        I'm sure there are lots of good places in N. Austin to get good ribs, but
        where are the places that you can find GREAT ribs?

        Personally, I'm not keen on spicy stuff so something with a less spicy BBQ
        sauce would be great.

        Any ideas? You folks haven't let us down so far with advice, so I'm sure
        you will come up with the goods on this one too.

        Three days and counting before we hit Texas soil.

        Alex (& Kim)
      • Roger Banks
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
          Pork ribs or beef ribs?

          The standard reply is Rudy's, but I personally prefer Mann's. A lot of
          folks will also tell that you need to go out of town for good ribs.
          Elgin, and Taylor both have somewhat famous bbq places. If you are
          looking for a sitdown meal instead of the traditional Texas meat market
          type establishment, head for one of the County Line restuarants. My
          opinion is that you need to try them all because, in the end, we are
          talking about BBQ, and when you are talking about BBQ, it's ALL good!

          -- Roger

          Alex Alexander wrote:
          > One of the things you just can't get in the UK are decent ribs.
          >
          > I'm sure there are lots of good places in N. Austin to get good ribs, but
          > where are the places that you can find GREAT ribs?
          >
          > Personally, I'm not keen on spicy stuff so something with a less spicy BBQ
          > sauce would be great.
          >
          > Any ideas? You folks haven't let us down so far with advice, so I'm sure
          > you will come up with the goods on this one too.
          >
          > Three days and counting before we hit Texas soil.
          >
          > Alex (& Kim)
          >

          > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
          > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3512844.4795476.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705171288:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o72ctft/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3512844&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.
        • Alex Alexander
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
            At 13:51 06/07/2003, you wrote:
            >Pork ribs or beef ribs?

            Preferably Pork.

            Alex.
          • L. Kevin D.
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
              I would really like to stay in the Austin area because my daughter
              lives here. Thanks though.

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Cindy
              <lovinglife_tx@y...> wrote:
              > Are you willing to work in Dallas or Houston? we might know a lead...
              >
              > Catalyst and Team JKC
              >
              > "L. Kevin D." <kdytrich@y...> wrote:
              > I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
              > while since I really need to find a job soon. If anyone has any
              > leads, please let me know. I don't have any degrees or
              > certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well. I was an electronics
              > tech for 20 years in the Navy. I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
              > have lots of experience learning new jobs.
              > Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
              > Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
              > the Skyline cache. It may not have been hot today, but I still
              > sweated like I had been in a sauna.
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            • Grajek
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                For great ribs you need to come to South Austin. Arts Ribs on South
                Lamar. Pretty much everything is better in South Austin. :-P

                One of the things you just can't get in the UK are decent ribs.

                I'm sure there are lots of good places in N. Austin to get good ribs,
                but
                where are the places that you can find GREAT ribs?

                Personally, I'm not keen on spicy stuff so something with a less spicy
                BBQ
                sauce would be great.

                Any ideas? You folks haven't let us down so far with advice, so I'm
                sure
                you will come up with the goods on this one too.

                Three days and counting before we hit Texas soil.

                Alex (& Kim)

                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              • Eoghan
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                  You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger that
                  won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                  -Eoghan
                • martinp13@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                    In a message dated 7/7/2003 7:55:04 PM Central Daylight Time, eoghan@... writes:
                    You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger that
                    won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                    -Eoghan
                    You could always move back (and replace Gordian Knot). :) :)

                    > Martin (martinp13) in Fort Worth
                  • Eoghan
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, martinp13@a... wrote:
                      > In a message dated 7/7/2003 7:55:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
                      > eoghan@s... writes:
                      > You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger
                      that
                      > won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                      > -Eoghan
                      > You could always move back (and replace Gordian Knot). :) :)
                      >
                      > > Martin (martinp13) in Fort Worth

                      I didn't realize that one was missing too. Dang it. I'd have thought
                      letterboxes would last longer since they tend to get fewer visitors.
                      One more to carve before The Return.