Thanks!

  • Roger Banks
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
      Thanks to ssassquatch and dragonfyr for sponsoring me on my new
      favorite caching site!

      -- Roger
    • Brandie
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 24, 2010
        Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your help! We discovered that we could get the app Geocache Navigator for my husband's phone so we went right out and found our first cache!!! We are hooked!

        Thanks!
        Brandie/?
      • PKSimmang
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2010
          Hi, Brandie. We have 3 geokids aged 10, 8, and 5 and started geocaching last summer. You've gotten a lot of good advice, and I may be repeating some of it from a parent perspective.

          Start with the easier ones. Kids like the find, not the hunt.

          Kids like the larger ones that have trade items. Each of our kids has their own "cache bag" with things from the dollar bin (matchbox cars, etc) and other inexpensive tradeables.

          We started using the iPhone geocaching app, and it's great! It does drain the battery quickly, and the GPSr in the iPhone isn't as accurate as a dedicated unit but it's a great way to start. I don't know how it compares to other phones. Still, it gets you in the area and when you're ready to move up then you'll know it. We now use the iPhone for info and sometimes logging, and a Garmin for the actual hunt.

          Going out with other cachers adds to it, whether it's other newbies or experienced cachers.

          Hit the events every chance you get. There are usually other geokids there, so bring yours.

          Again, welcome to geocaching! It's a great sport, and a great bunch of cachers in Central Texas.

          Peter & Dana
          pksimmang & aggiemd91

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 25, 2010

            Welcome to our obsession! <G>