RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] YIPEE! I GOT 100 TODAY!

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 5, 2003
      Congrats!! That is great. I wish I knew where there were some jobs, Candy could use one as well.
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 5, 2003
        Congrats. I don't know of any jobs but Candy needs ones if you run
        across an extra one. :-)

        I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
        while since I really need to find a job soon. If anyone has any
        leads, please let me know. I don't have any degrees or
        certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well. I was an electronics
        tech for 20 years in the Navy. I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
        have lots of experience learning new jobs.
        Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
        Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
        the Skyline cache. It may not have been hot today, but I still
        sweated like I had been in a sauna.

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Cindy
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 5, 2003
          Are you willing to work in Dallas or Houston? we might know a lead...

          Catalyst and Team JKC

          "L. Kevin D." <kdytrich@...> wrote:
          I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
          while since I really need to find a job soon.  If anyone has any
          leads, please let me know.  I don't have any degrees or
          certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well.  I was an electronics
          tech for 20 years in the Navy.  I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
          have lots of experience learning new jobs.
          Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
          Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
          the Skyline cache.  It may not have been hot today, but I still
          sweated like I had been in a sauna.

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Alex Alexander
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
            One of the things you just can't get in the UK are decent ribs.

            I'm sure there are lots of good places in N. Austin to get good ribs, but
            where are the places that you can find GREAT ribs?

            Personally, I'm not keen on spicy stuff so something with a less spicy BBQ
            sauce would be great.

            Any ideas? You folks haven't let us down so far with advice, so I'm sure
            you will come up with the goods on this one too.

            Three days and counting before we hit Texas soil.

            Alex (& Kim)
          • Roger Banks
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
              Pork ribs or beef ribs?

              The standard reply is Rudy's, but I personally prefer Mann's. A lot of
              folks will also tell that you need to go out of town for good ribs.
              Elgin, and Taylor both have somewhat famous bbq places. If you are
              looking for a sitdown meal instead of the traditional Texas meat market
              type establishment, head for one of the County Line restuarants. My
              opinion is that you need to try them all because, in the end, we are
              talking about BBQ, and when you are talking about BBQ, it's ALL good!

              -- Roger

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                At 13:51 06/07/2003, you wrote:
                >Pork ribs or beef ribs?

                Preferably Pork.

                Alex.
              • L. Kevin D.
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                  I would really like to stay in the Austin area because my daughter
                  lives here. Thanks though.

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Cindy
                  <lovinglife_tx@y...> wrote:
                  > Are you willing to work in Dallas or Houston? we might know a lead...
                  >
                  > Catalyst and Team JKC
                  >
                  > "L. Kevin D." <kdytrich@y...> wrote:
                  > I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
                  > while since I really need to find a job soon. If anyone has any
                  > leads, please let me know. I don't have any degrees or
                  > certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well. I was an electronics
                  > tech for 20 years in the Navy. I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
                  > have lots of experience learning new jobs.
                  > Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
                  > Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
                  > the Skyline cache. It may not have been hot today, but I still
                  > sweated like I had been in a sauna.
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                • Grajek
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                    For great ribs you need to come to South Austin. Arts Ribs on South
                    Lamar. Pretty much everything is better in South Austin. :-P

                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                      You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger that
                      won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                      -Eoghan
                    • martinp13@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                        In a message dated 7/7/2003 7:55:04 PM Central Daylight Time, eoghan@... writes:
                        You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger that
                        won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                        -Eoghan
                        You could always move back (and replace Gordian Knot). :) :)

                        > Martin (martinp13) in Fort Worth
                      • Eoghan
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, martinp13@a... wrote:
                          > In a message dated 7/7/2003 7:55:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
                          > eoghan@s... writes:
                          > You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger
                          that
                          > won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                          > -Eoghan
                          > You could always move back (and replace Gordian Knot). :) :)
                          >
                          > > Martin (martinp13) in Fort Worth

                          I didn't realize that one was missing too. Dang it. I'd have thought
                          letterboxes would last longer since they tend to get fewer visitors.
                          One more to carve before The Return.