Source for 50 cal AMMO boxes in Austin?

  • lowracer
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2 6:17 PM
      I know I can buy them online for about $9 apiece delivered, but is there a local
      supplier anyone knows about where I might get them sooner and cheaper?
      These are the really big AMMO boxes that make great caches. I'm planning to
      upgrade my existing caches from tupperware to the real deal, with the Official
      geocache sticker and all.
      Thanks in advance...
      -lowracer.
    • Lou Catozzi
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2 8:44 PM
        Have you tried the military surplus store called Banana Bay or something
        like that? They are just off of Lamar Blvd. on the same street as
        McBride's
        gun shop.

        Lou Catozzi
        TxHiPowr

        lowracer wrote:

        > I know I can buy them online for about $9 apiece delivered, but is there a local
        > supplier anyone knows about where I might get them sooner and cheaper?
        > These are the really big AMMO boxes that make great caches. I'm planning to
        > upgrade my existing caches from tupperware to the real deal, with the Official
        > geocache sticker and all.
        > Thanks in advance...
        > -lowracer.

      • Hunter Arend
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 3 5:19 AM
          Northern Tool supply in San Antonio has a ton in all shapes and sizes. I
          only know this because I was there a few days ago.

          Later,
          TikimanHSA

          > I know I can buy them online for about $9 apiece delivered, but is there a
          local
          > supplier anyone knows about where I might get them sooner and cheaper?
          > These are the really big AMMO boxes that make great caches. I'm planning
          > upgrade my existing caches from tupperware to the real deal, with the
          Official
          > geocache sticker and all.
          > Thanks in advance...
          > -lowracer.

        • Roger Banks
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 3 8:59 AM
            The SAXET Gun show
            <http://saxetshows.com/_schedule.htm> will be in town
            on the 21-22 There is usually a booth with all kinds
            of ammon cans. Last time I got some, the 50cal were 6
            bucks apiece.

            -- Roger

            --- Hunter Arend <TIKIMAN@...> wrote:
            > Northern Tool supply in San Antonio has a ton in all
            > shapes and sizes. I
            > only know this because I was there a few days ago.
            >
            > Later,
            > TikimanHSA

            =====
            Uncle Rojelio