YIPEE! I GOT 100 TODAY!

  • L. Kevin D.
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 5, 2003
      I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
      while since I really need to find a job soon. If anyone has any
      leads, please let me know. I don't have any degrees or
      certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well. I was an electronics
      tech for 20 years in the Navy. I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
      have lots of experience learning new jobs.
      Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
      Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
      the Skyline cache. It may not have been hot today, but I still
      sweated like I had been in a sauna.
    • Candy Lind
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 5, 2003
        Congrats, Kevin! And good luck on finding the job, from someone floating in a similar boat.

        Candy Lind    candylind@...
        I can quit any time ... really, I CAN!!

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 5, 2003
            Congrats. I don't know of any jobs but Candy needs ones if you run
            across an extra one. :-)

            I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
            while since I really need to find a job soon. If anyone has any
            leads, please let me know. I don't have any degrees or
            certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well. I was an electronics
            tech for 20 years in the Navy. I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
            have lots of experience learning new jobs.
            Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
            Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
            the Skyline cache. It may not have been hot today, but I still
            sweated like I had been in a sauna.

            Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Cindy
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 5, 2003
              Are you willing to work in Dallas or Houston? we might know a lead...

              Catalyst and Team JKC

              "L. Kevin D." <kdytrich@...> wrote:
              I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
              while since I really need to find a job soon.  If anyone has any
              leads, please let me know.  I don't have any degrees or
              certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well.  I was an electronics
              tech for 20 years in the Navy.  I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
              have lots of experience learning new jobs.
              Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
              Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
              the Skyline cache.  It may not have been hot today, but I still
              sweated like I had been in a sauna.

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • Alex Alexander
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                One of the things you just can't get in the UK are decent ribs.

                I'm sure there are lots of good places in N. Austin to get good ribs, but
                where are the places that you can find GREAT ribs?

                Personally, I'm not keen on spicy stuff so something with a less spicy BBQ
                sauce would be great.

                Any ideas? You folks haven't let us down so far with advice, so I'm sure
                you will come up with the goods on this one too.

                Three days and counting before we hit Texas soil.

                Alex (& Kim)
              • Roger Banks
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                  Pork ribs or beef ribs?

                  The standard reply is Rudy's, but I personally prefer Mann's. A lot of
                  folks will also tell that you need to go out of town for good ribs.
                  Elgin, and Taylor both have somewhat famous bbq places. If you are
                  looking for a sitdown meal instead of the traditional Texas meat market
                  type establishment, head for one of the County Line restuarants. My
                  opinion is that you need to try them all because, in the end, we are
                  talking about BBQ, and when you are talking about BBQ, it's ALL good!

                  -- Roger

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                    At 13:51 06/07/2003, you wrote:
                    >Pork ribs or beef ribs?

                    Preferably Pork.

                    Alex.
                  • L. Kevin D.
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                      I would really like to stay in the Austin area because my daughter
                      lives here. Thanks though.

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Cindy
                      <lovinglife_tx@y...> wrote:
                      > Are you willing to work in Dallas or Houston? we might know a lead...
                      >
                      > Catalyst and Team JKC
                      >
                      > "L. Kevin D." <kdytrich@y...> wrote:
                      > I figured this might be the last chance I get to go caching for a
                      > while since I really need to find a job soon. If anyone has any
                      > leads, please let me know. I don't have any degrees or
                      > certifications, but I know PCs (not Macs) well. I was an electronics
                      > tech for 20 years in the Navy. I'm fairly versatile, adaptable, and I
                      > have lots of experience learning new jobs.
                      > Anyway I saw I had 6 to go, so I hopped in the truck and snagged
                      > Spicewoods Gem, the 3 Wild in the Basin, Austin History Marker, and
                      > the Skyline cache. It may not have been hot today, but I still
                      > sweated like I had been in a sauna.
                      >

                      > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

                    • Grajek
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 6, 2003
                        For great ribs you need to come to South Austin. Arts Ribs on South
                        Lamar. Pretty much everything is better in South Austin. :-P

                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                          You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger that
                          won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                          -Eoghan
                        • martinp13@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                            In a message dated 7/7/2003 7:55:04 PM Central Daylight Time, eoghan@... writes:
                            You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger that
                            won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                            -Eoghan
                            You could always move back (and replace Gordian Knot). :) :)

                            > Martin (martinp13) in Fort Worth
                          • Eoghan
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 7, 2003
                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, martinp13@a... wrote:
                              > In a message dated 7/7/2003 7:55:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
                              > eoghan@s... writes:
                              > You guys are KILLING me here. Now I've got an insatiable hunger
                              that
                              > won't be satisfied for MONTHS!!!
                              > -Eoghan
                              > You could always move back (and replace Gordian Knot). :) :)
                              >
                              > > Martin (martinp13) in Fort Worth

                              I didn't realize that one was missing too. Dang it. I'd have thought
                              letterboxes would last longer since they tend to get fewer visitors.
                              One more to carve before The Return.