Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Better Living Through Electricity - NOT APPROVED! So What?!?!?!?

  • Michele Pain
    Message 1 of 42 , Dec 10, 2004
      Best way to "Get Back" at Prime Approver - and justify the hours I
      spent on this cache - is to GO DO IT!!!
      How 'bout it?
      I expect Lowracer and Grajek - Both "0" finders to be all over this.

      Hey-this is about FUN. And this cache is that!

      On Dec 10, 2004, at 6:42 PM, Essiar wrote:

      > No, Prime didn't archive a cache, did he? Wow, I didn't think he
      > ever did that! That's 8 great caches recently archived. I especially
      > like the one he archived where the swag was to be cans of food for
      > the needy... commercial cache as I understand it. I guess you can
      > have pins as a theme or coins, etc., but NOT food for starving
      > people. You see, you might have to go to HEB and spend 50 cents to
      > help someone out... what was that cache placer thinking trying to
      > commercialize this hobby and help make HEB rich!?
      >
      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Michele Pain
      > <mpain@s...> wrote:
      > > (I'm the latest victim of PRIME APPROVER. Rather than just
      > > tanking-here's the gist of the cache page. All the redirectors are
      > in
      > > place. Go do this-It's FUN!
      > > Grab a smiley or two on any of my caches. And email when you're
      > done at
      > > mpain@s...)
      > >
      > > Do your part to Keep Austin Weird this Christmas!
      > >

      > > (Drag the logo into a browser window-it's fun!)
      > >

      > > Take this little tour of the 37th Street Lights this Christmas.
      > >
      > > I don't know how long this little "Austin Weird" tradition has
      > been
      > > going on but you shouldn't miss it!
      > >
      > > While the "Trail of Lights" down at Zilker is nice, this trail
      > will
      > > have you in stitches! So grab some friends and check out this
      > multi.
      > >
      > > This cache MUST BE VIEWED BETWEEN 6 PM AND 10 PM.
      > >
      > > You'll miss all the fun if you go during the day. Don't sacrifice
      > > great Austin tradition just for the smiley. Wait till dark. All
      > the
      > > homeowners involved had helped place the cache. One leg will take
      > you
      > > into a back yard so please go during the posted hours and say
      > thanks as
      > > well!
      > >
      > > Parking Coordinates are: 30 18.185 97 44.268. This is a parking
      > lot
      > > just north of the first redirector coordinates and we have
      > permission
      > > to park there after 6 pm.
      > >
      > > Do NOT attempt to drive on 37th street. It will be a parking lot.
      > Round
      > > trip is no more than 1/4 of a mile so stroll along! I took the
      > > coordinates for each leg a bunch of times but all that electricity
      > and
      > > the trees make them pretty unreliable. Have fun-the redirectors
      > are
      > > easy to spot.
      > >
      > > KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD-ENJOY!!!
      > >
      > > Extra smiley for posting a picture taken at: 30 18.083 97 44.228
      > >
      > > I'm going with a bunch of Dallas folks on Tuesday night if you'd
      > like
      > > to come along - Prime viewing weather this weekend too?
      > >
      > > Additional Hints
      > > N synfuyvtug zvtug or urycshy. Gunaxf gb "Fgbir Thl" naq "Yvtugf
> [...]
    • dscherer1966
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 16, 2004
        I tried to get a cache approved there last year and it failed then
        because it was not a permanent cache. I thought that it was a shame
        then , but I totally agree now. I was dissapointed but I can
        understand where he is coming from.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Robuck"
        http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

        > ….specifically, "Cache Permanence" where it states: When you
        report a cache
        > on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will)
        expect the
        > cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time.
        Therefore,
        > caches that have the goal to move ("traveling caches"), or
        temporary caches
        > (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) may not be
        approved.

        > I've visited the 37th street lights way back before they showed it
        on the
        > news stations every year, and most years over the last 20. I have
        always
        > enjoyed them like everyone else who goes to see them; however,
        according to
        > the guidelines, it's not technically a cache that will last much
        longer than
        > a month and therefore was probably not approved for that reason
        alone.
        > Don't start blaming me for this cache getting archived, I'm just
        trying to
        > answer Randell's question with the information that has been
        presented. I
        > also don't want to start an email war about other caches that meet
        the
        > guidelines that aren't approved or anything like that. I'm merely
        trying to
        > point out that if we want to get caches approved, we have to at
        least try
        > and meet the guidelines first.
        >

        > Scott Robuck
        >
        > Team GeoDillo
        >
        > N 30° 12.4'
        >
        > W 97° 50.4'

        Electricity -
        > NOT APPROVED! So What?!?!?!?
        >

        > Perhaps I missed it, but why did Prime Disapprover archive this
        cache?

        > Michele Pain <mpain@s...> wrote:
        >
        > (I'm the latest victim of PRIME APPROVER. Rather than just
        > tanking-here's the gist of the cache page. All the redirectors are
        in
        > place. Go do this-It's FUN!
        > Grab a smiley or two on any of my caches. And email when you're
        done at
        > mpain@s...)
        >
        > Do your part to Keep Austin Weird this Christmas!
        >

        > > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif x-mac-type=47494666; x-unix-
        mode=0444;
        > x-mac-creator=4D655361; name=weird.gif
        >
        > (Drag the logo into a browser window-it's fun!)
        >

        > Take this little tour of the 37th Street Lights this Christmas.
        >
        > I don't know how long this little "Austin Weird" tradition has
        been
        > going on but you shouldn't miss it!
        >
        > While the "Trail of Lights" down at Zilker is nice, this trail
        will
        > have you in stitches! So grab some friends and check out this
        multi.

        > This cache MUST BE VIEWED BETWEEN 6 PM AND 10 PM.
        >
        > You'll miss all the fun if you go during the day. Don't sacrifice
        > great Austin tradition just for the smiley. Wait till dark. All
        the
        > homeowners involved had helped place the cache. One leg will take
        you
        > into a back yard so please go during the posted hours and say
        thanks as
        > well!
        >
        > Parking Coordinates are: 30 18.185 97 44.268. This is a parking
        lot
        > just north of the first redirector coordinates and we have
        permission
        > to park there after 6 pm.
        >
        > Do NOT attempt to drive on 37th street. It will be a parking lot.
        Round
        > trip is no more than 1/4 of a mile so stroll along! I took the
        > coordinates for each leg a bunch of times but all that electricity
        and
        > the trees make them pretty unreliable. Have fun-the redirectors
        are
        > easy to spot.
        >
        > KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD-ENJOY!!!
        >
        > Extra smiley for posting a picture taken at: 30 18.083 97 44.228
        >
        > I'm going with a bunch of Dallas folks on Tuesday night if you'd
        like
        > to come along - Prime viewing weather this weekend too?
        >
        > Additional Hints
        > N synfuyvtug zvtug or urycshy. Gunaxf gb "Fgbir Thl" naq "Yvtugf
        va n
        > Obggyr Zna"
        >
        > Decryption Key
        > -------------------------

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129p0qe8c/M=298184.5639630.6699735.30011
        76/D=gr

        oups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1102827771/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http
        :/www.n
        > etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here
        >

        > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
        M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
        > :HM/A=2434971/rand=989199109>
        >

        > _____

        subject=Unsubscri