Re: Better Living Through Electricity - NOT APPROVED! So What?!?!?!?

  • Essiar
    Message 1 of 42 , Dec 10, 2004
      No, Prime didn't archive a cache, did he? Wow, I didn't think he
      ever did that! That's 8 great caches recently archived. I especially
      like the one he archived where the swag was to be cans of food for
      the needy... commercial cache as I understand it. I guess you can
      have pins as a theme or coins, etc., but NOT food for starving
      people. You see, you might have to go to HEB and spend 50 cents to
      help someone out... what was that cache placer thinking trying to
      commercialize this hobby and help make HEB rich!?

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Michele Pain
      <mpain@s...> wrote:
      > (I'm the latest victim of PRIME APPROVER. Rather than just
      > tanking-here's the gist of the cache page. All the redirectors are
      in
      > place. Go do this-It's FUN!
      > Grab a smiley or two on any of my caches. And email when you're
      done at
      > mpain@s...)
      >
      > Do your part to Keep Austin Weird this Christmas!
      >

      > (Drag the logo into a browser window-it's fun!)
      >

      > Take this little tour of the 37th Street Lights this Christmas.
      >
      > I don't know how long this little "Austin Weird" tradition has
      been
      > going on but you shouldn't miss it!
      >
      > While the "Trail of Lights" down at Zilker is nice, this trail
      will
      > have you in stitches! So grab some friends and check out this
      multi.

      > This cache MUST BE VIEWED BETWEEN 6 PM AND 10 PM.
      >
      > You'll miss all the fun if you go during the day. Don't sacrifice
      > great Austin tradition just for the smiley. Wait till dark. All
      the
      > homeowners involved had helped place the cache. One leg will take
      you
      > into a back yard so please go during the posted hours and say
      thanks as
      > well!
      >
      > Parking Coordinates are: 30 18.185 97 44.268. This is a parking
      lot
      > just north of the first redirector coordinates and we have
      permission
      > to park there after 6 pm.
      >
      > Do NOT attempt to drive on 37th street. It will be a parking lot.
      Round
      > trip is no more than 1/4 of a mile so stroll along! I took the
      > coordinates for each leg a bunch of times but all that electricity
      and
      > the trees make them pretty unreliable. Have fun-the redirectors
      are
      > easy to spot.
      >
      > KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD-ENJOY!!!
      >
      > Extra smiley for posting a picture taken at: 30 18.083 97 44.228
      >
      > I'm going with a bunch of Dallas folks on Tuesday night if you'd
      like
      > to come along - Prime viewing weather this weekend too?
      >
      > Additional Hints
      > N synfuyvtug zvtug or urycshy. Gunaxf gb "Fgbir Thl" naq "Yvtugf
      va n
      > Obggyr Zna"
      >
      > Decryption Key
      > -------------------------
    • dscherer1966
      Message 42 of 42 , Dec 16, 2004
        I tried to get a cache approved there last year and it failed then
        because it was not a permanent cache. I thought that it was a shame
        then , but I totally agree now. I was dissapointed but I can
        understand where he is coming from.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Robuck"
        http://www.geocaching.com/about/guidelines.aspx

        > ….specifically, "Cache Permanence" where it states: When you
        report a cache
        > on the Geocaching.com web site, geocachers should (and will)
        expect the
        > cache to be there for a realistic and extended period of time.
        Therefore,
        > caches that have the goal to move ("traveling caches"), or
        temporary caches
        > (caches hidden for less than 3 months or for events) may not be
        approved.

        > I've visited the 37th street lights way back before they showed it
        on the
        > news stations every year, and most years over the last 20. I have
        always
        > enjoyed them like everyone else who goes to see them; however,
        according to
        > the guidelines, it's not technically a cache that will last much
        longer than
        > a month and therefore was probably not approved for that reason
        alone.
        > Don't start blaming me for this cache getting archived, I'm just
        trying to
        > answer Randell's question with the information that has been
        presented. I
        > also don't want to start an email war about other caches that meet
        the
        > guidelines that aren't approved or anything like that. I'm merely
        trying to
        > point out that if we want to get caches approved, we have to at
        least try
        > and meet the guidelines first.
        >

        > Scott Robuck
        >
        > Team GeoDillo
        >
        > N 30° 12.4'
        >
        > W 97° 50.4'

        Electricity -
        > NOT APPROVED! So What?!?!?!?
        >

        > Perhaps I missed it, but why did Prime Disapprover archive this
        cache?

        > Michele Pain <mpain@s...> wrote:
        >
        > (I'm the latest victim of PRIME APPROVER. Rather than just
        > tanking-here's the gist of the cache page. All the redirectors are
        in
        > place. Go do this-It's FUN!
        > Grab a smiley or two on any of my caches. And email when you're
        done at
        > mpain@s...)
        >
        > Do your part to Keep Austin Weird this Christmas!
        >

        > > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif x-mac-type=47494666; x-unix-
        mode=0444;
        > x-mac-creator=4D655361; name=weird.gif
        >
        > (Drag the logo into a browser window-it's fun!)
        >

        > Take this little tour of the 37th Street Lights this Christmas.
        >
        > I don't know how long this little "Austin Weird" tradition has
        been
        > going on but you shouldn't miss it!
        >
        > While the "Trail of Lights" down at Zilker is nice, this trail
        will
        > have you in stitches! So grab some friends and check out this
        multi.

        > This cache MUST BE VIEWED BETWEEN 6 PM AND 10 PM.
        >
        > You'll miss all the fun if you go during the day. Don't sacrifice
        > great Austin tradition just for the smiley. Wait till dark. All
        the
        > homeowners involved had helped place the cache. One leg will take
        you
        > into a back yard so please go during the posted hours and say
        thanks as
        > well!
        >
        > Parking Coordinates are: 30 18.185 97 44.268. This is a parking
        lot
        > just north of the first redirector coordinates and we have
        permission
        > to park there after 6 pm.
        >
        > Do NOT attempt to drive on 37th street. It will be a parking lot.
        Round
        > trip is no more than 1/4 of a mile so stroll along! I took the
        > coordinates for each leg a bunch of times but all that electricity
        and
        > the trees make them pretty unreliable. Have fun-the redirectors
        are
        > easy to spot.
        >
        > KEEP AUSTIN WEIRD-ENJOY!!!
        >
        > Extra smiley for posting a picture taken at: 30 18.083 97 44.228
        >
        > I'm going with a bunch of Dallas folks on Tuesday night if you'd
        like
        > to come along - Prime viewing weather this weekend too?
        >
        > Additional Hints
        > N synfuyvtug zvtug or urycshy. Gunaxf gb "Fgbir Thl" naq "Yvtugf
        va n
        > Obggyr Zna"
        >
        > Decryption Key
        > -------------------------

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129p0qe8c/M=298184.5639630.6699735.30011
        76/D=gr

        oups/S=1705171288:HM/EXP=1102827771/A=2434971/R=0/SIG=11eeoolb0/*http
        :/www.n
        > etflix.com/Default?mqso=60185400> click here
        >

        > <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
        M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=
        > :HM/A=2434971/rand=989199109>
        >

        > _____

        subject=Unsubscri