Night Finds

  • Tiffany Burns
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004

      I’ve been doing a lot of caching at night due to the time change, any suggestions of good ones to go for at night?  I have had very few problems while on my recent night searches.  I only had one run in with a cop when I was searching for the Rock that Rolls when it was still in the Gardens at Zilker.  Had my flashlight and went to the gate with the GPS just to see if it was really the place.  It was so I got back to the car to figure out what I could go for next since the Rock was locked up for the night and the cop drove up next to me to make sure I was ok.  I assured him I was and he let me on my merry way after a 10 minute discussion, showing of his powerful search light and reminding me that all city parks close at 10 pm.  I went back to the Gardens on Sunday only to find that Thorax had snagged it from me!  The horror!  One day I will get that Rock in my possession.

      Oh, any suggestions for good night caches?

      Gator Girl

    • Barry Watson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
        The Monster Cache.....   ;-)

        Doc Geo

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
          Message
          Hi Tiffany,
          All the virtuals around downtown would make for a fun evening.  Add Amtrak Station and Trolley, Olley All in Free, and some of the others that are not in parks.

          Doomspore and Third Moon from Planet Essiada are designed to be done at night.

          Caches of mine that I know would be good at night are Terra's Treasure, Under Water, Let Me Count the Ways, and Boobie Girdlebuns.

          Other people will have their favorites, and I'll let them tell you what they are.

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
            Thanks! Just what I was looking for, a whole list of great
            suggestions. I will print them out and start my attack!

            <julieperrine@m...> wrote:
            > Hi Tiffany,
            > All the virtuals around downtown would make for a fun evening. Add
            Amtrak Station and Trolley, Olley All in Free, and some of the others
            that are not in parks.

            > Doomspore and Third Moon from Planet Essiada are designed to be
            done at night.

            > Caches of mine that I know would be good at night are Terra's
            Treasure, Under Water, Let Me Count the Ways, and Boobie Girdlebuns.

            > Other people will have their favorites, and I'll let them tell you
            what they are.
            > Julie

          • gbmorrow
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 8, 2004
              As far as the Rock, it may depend on how late at night you need to
              go...The class I teach graduates tomorrow night, and the Rock is still
              sitting close to class....its a pretty good spot up until about 9pm or
              so, thought after that you might get asked again if "you're OK"...if
              nobody grabs it by about 9pm tomorrow, I may move it to a more "night
              friendly" location.....

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Tiffany Burns"