OT: anyone have a Win XP boot/install CD for a Dell Latitude C510/C610?

  • lowracer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2004
      Sorry for the OT post, but I know we have some Dell gurus on here, for
      some reason when I installed Win 2k it thinks my laptop screen is only
      640x480 and it won't let me change it. I suspect there are some
      Dell-specific drivers or whatnot that aren't on the plain vanilla Win2k
      CD? Anyone got the CD that will install XP or 2K into a Dell laptop?
      Thanks...
      -mark.
    • lowracer
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 4, 2004
        Help received. Cachers (especially those of us rebels with ZERO finds)
        are the best for helping out in a pinch! I now have this old C610 set
        to 1400x1050 pixels! That's incredible! It's also dang hard to read
        without a magnifying glass! ;-)