RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Finally did it

  • Grajek
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004

      The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat their participants 20x better.  :-)

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
        "Grajek" wrote:
        > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
        > their participants 20x better. :-)

        GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
        GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
        to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
        necessary. The welcome mat is always down.

        --
        Scout
      • semperquestio
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
          Therein lies part of the problem. Folks are spoiled to the bells and
          whistles and few will turn to other sites that don't have them.

          The old BBS days of 'check this out, lets see if we can do something
          with it' are over. Now, internet users expect content- and
          feature-rich sites right from the start.

          For another site to grow it has to offer as much, if not more,
          funcitonality and features, than the other sites out there from day 1.
          They also have to offer an easy way for cache owners to move or
          cross-list their caches and for finders to move or copy their finds
          with those caches.

          Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
          strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

          HW

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scout" <Scout@G...> wrote:

          > "Grajek" wrote:
          > > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
          > > their participants 20x better. :-)
          >
          > GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
          > GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
          > to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
          > necessary. The welcome mat is always down.
          >
          > --
          > Scout
        • Scout
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
            "semperquestio" wrote:
            > Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
            > strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

            GPSgames.org does not have every feature gc.com has, but gc.com does
            not have every feature GPSgames.org has, either. GPSgames.org offers
            the ability to list virtual caches, moving caches, caches without
            paper logs, even locationless caches and other innovative ideas the
            community cares to develop. It offers an open and democratic review
            process. It offers a cache rating service and the ability to ignore
            caches as well as watch them. It offers an open database for value-
            added development by the community.

            GPSgames.org offers an alternative for players who care about those
            things. For those who don't, gc.com is a great alternative. It has a
            lot of features itself and everyone knows it has the caches.

            Choice is good.

            --
            Scout http://GPSgames.org