Georgetown Area

  • gtbevo2000
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 1, 2003
      I can't wait Malia!! I'm ready for some more close to home. I'm
      starting work on a couple in this area too!

      Alyson
    • Tim Gahagan
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
        Can anyone refresh my memory. I wanted to know the final plans for tomorrow
        and the Starnes Island Trip.

        Tim
        Tim Gahagan
        P.O. Box 1386
        Georgetown, Texas 78627
        E-Mail: mailto:tim@...
        PGP Public Key available

        "When Right becomes the Wrong, Then Left becomes the right"
      • Grajek
        Message 3 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
          Big Mo is going to start ferrying people from volente marina, I think, @
          9AM.

          Message 4 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
            Ok, I am gonna try to get the boat in the water around then....maybe a
            little after...

            Tim

          • Megindler@aol.com
            Message 5 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
              Yes, we are planning on picking up folks at the VIP Marina about 9:00.   GTBevo will also have their boat there.  We may have too many boats not enough cachers!
            • Tim Gahagan
              Message 6 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                Laugh, well as for myself, we intend to be on the lake all day, so no problem...

                Devil's cove in the afternoon.

                Oh, and I registered www.DevilsCove.com last week, if you can believe I got that!

                Tim

                At 05:07 PM 7/25/2003 -0400, you wrote:
                Yes, we are planning on picking up folks at the VIP Marina about 9:00.   GTBevo will also have their boat there.  We may have too many boats not enough cachers!
                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  T. Patrick Gahagan
                  President and CEO
                  GGI Technologies
                  E-Mail: tim@...     Voice : (512)930-9798 Ext. 3272
                  PGP Public Key available

                I have answered the demand with a cannon shot, and our flag still waves proudly from the walls. I shall never surrender or retreat.
                William Barret Travis - Commandancy of the Alamo
                Bexar, Feby. 24th, 1836
              • Christine Perry
                Message 7 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                  well if you would like a newbie and her hubby, Im back from Chicago...:) and would love to introduce the hubby to this sport the right way...:O)

                  Christine

                  Megindler@... wrote:
                  Yes, we are planning on picking up folks at the VIP Marina about 9:00.   GTBevo will also have their boat there.  We may have too many boats not enough cachers!

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • Grajek
                  Message 8 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003

                    Come on down. I think there is plenty of room. Big Mo said she would stay back if there was no room. :-P

                    Message 9 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                      And have a cocktail? I am in for that
                      :O

                      Tim

                      Message 10 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                        Surely she doesn't take up that much room. ;)

                        -- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Tim Gahagan <tim@g...>
                        wrote:
                        > And have a cocktail? I am in for that
                        > :O
                        >

                        > Tim
                        >

                        > At 06:23 PM 7/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:
                        >
                        > >Come on down. I think there is plenty of room. Big Mo said she
                        would stay
                        > >back if there was no room. :-P

                      • jkievlan
                        Message 11 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                          Okay, it sounds like this is really gonna happen tomorrow! Exciting, after last
                          weekend's bust. So, a couple of questions for us not-generally-lakegoing type
                          people...

                          What is the parking situation for the Volente VIP marina? Is there a parking fee, or do
                          you have to pay the waterpark admission or anything? And...

                          How and where should all of us newbies find all of you guys? Sould we just walk
                          around like dorks waving our GPS receivers in the air, or would the captains care to
                          share the names of your fine vessels?

                          Thanks a bunch,

                          -Jeff Kievlan aka peripatetic

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Megindler@a... wrote:
                          > Yes, we are planning on picking up folks at the VIP Marina about 9:00.
                          > GTBevo will also have their boat there. We may have too many boats not enough
                          > cachers!
                        • gtbevo2000
                          Message 12 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                            OK - I'm personally likin' the dork idea ;)

                            No really, I just got back into town from Kansas so am catching up
                            on things (not to mention we had to replace the motherboard in the
                            computer this week - yuck). Anyway.....my husband and I will be
                            launching from further up the lake out of Sandy Creek Park and will
                            plan (hope-since we're coming from Georgetown)to be at the Volente
                            Beach area around 8:30 to meet up with Mo. That's where their boat
                            is so I will have to look to them for any further directions on
                            where the best place is to meet. Our vessel is yet to be named but
                            it is a Mariah - teal green and white.

                            Alyson
                          • Megindler@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                              absolutely, bring it on!
                            • Megindler@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                                That goes without saying!
                              • Megindler@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                                  Yeah! Especially not after the walk up the "Hill of Life"!
                                • Megindler@aol.com
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                                    You don't have to enter Volente beach club.  The marina is just to the left.  There is 3.00 parking.  We will be near the gas tanks.  I will try to remember my geocaching hat, but we have a dark green and cream boat.  And, yes, wave those GPSrs!!
                                  • Grajek
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                                      She is pretty big ;-)

                                      wrote:
                                      > And have a cocktail? I am in for that
                                      > :O
                                      >

                                      > Tim
                                      >

                                      > At 06:23 PM 7/25/2003 -0500, you wrote:
                                      >
                                      > >Come on down. I think there is plenty of room. Big Mo said she
                                      would stay
                                      > >back if there was no room. :-P

                                      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                                    • Megindler@aol.com
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                                        I'm not now, but might be after the shipment from Kawalski!
                                      • Grajek
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                                          Look for a 6.1 blond girl with a 6.4 husband. A GPS around your neck
                                          can't hurt.

                                          If anyone can't make it at 9 I am going out a little later and we can
                                          get Big to pick us up when we call her. I will be going out @ 10. My
                                          cell number 658-7661 in case you are going to come late just let me know
                                          and I will make sure we wait for ya.

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Jul 25, 2003
                                            We will be out for awhile....my cell is 422-9101.  Cache on!