Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Mapsource v4

  • Alex Alexander
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
      Aw spit.....

      Don't you just hate it when you forget to paste the email address into the
      To: box and private email goes onto the group.

      OK. I confess, I'm guilty of conspiracy to software piracy. I promise I
      won't do it again. :)

      Alex.

      At 19:24 02/12/2004, you wrote:
      >Hi Wayne,
      >
      >Is there any way that you can let me have a copy of Mapsource v4. The one
      >that is routeable on the 60CS? I'm going to Florida at the end of next
      >week and will be lost without the routing facility on the 60CS.
      >
      >Alex.
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > *
      > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > *
    • Kevin Dytrich
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
        I'm a dummy. I had forgotten to pick a day up at the top. When i did
        that, it took 2 mins.

        thanks to all.

        Kevin

        > I've just done a new one for Jacksonville, FL and it came through
        within
        > two minutes.
        >
        > Alex.
        >
        > At 19:02 02/12/2004, you wrote:
        > >It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that
        something in
        > >your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page,
        does your
        > >query have a line through it?

      • lowracer
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
          It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
          use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.

          On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

          > I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
          > Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
          > want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
          > do I get it; in my e-mail?
          >
          > thanks,
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
          > <l.gif>

          > Service.

        • Michele Pain
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
            but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?

            On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:

            > It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
            > use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.
            >
            > On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
            >

            >> I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became
            >> Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
            >> want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but
            >> how
            >> do I get it; in my e-mail?
            >>
            >> thanks,
            >>

            >> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            >> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
            >> <l.gif>
            >>
            >> Yahoo! Groups Links
            >>
            >> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
            >>
            >> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
            >>
            >> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
            >> Service.

          • lowracer
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
              GeoToad can easily be adapted to search other sites as well as
              Seattle's site.

              On Dec 2, 2004, at 6:46 PM, Michele Pain wrote:

              > but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?
              >
              > On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:
              >
              >> It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
              >> use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.
              >>
              >> On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
              >>

              >>> I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and
              >>> became a
              >>> Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but
              >>> want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but
              >>> how
              >>> do I get it; in my e-mail?
              >>>
              >>> thanks,
              >>>

              >>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              >>> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
              >>> <l.gif>
              >>>
              >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
              >>>
              >>> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
              >>>
              >>> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              >>>
              >>> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
              >>> Service.

            • Grajek
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004

                The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat their participants 20x better.  :-)

                but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?

                On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:

                It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.

                On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

                I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
                Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
                do I get it; in my e-mail?

                thanks,

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                <l.gif>

                • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                ---
                Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                ---

              • Scout
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                  "Grajek" wrote:
                  > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
                  > their participants 20x better. :-)

                  GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
                  GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
                  to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
                  necessary. The welcome mat is always down.

                  --
                  Scout
                • semperquestio
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                    Therein lies part of the problem. Folks are spoiled to the bells and
                    whistles and few will turn to other sites that don't have them.

                    The old BBS days of 'check this out, lets see if we can do something
                    with it' are over. Now, internet users expect content- and
                    feature-rich sites right from the start.

                    For another site to grow it has to offer as much, if not more,
                    funcitonality and features, than the other sites out there from day 1.
                    They also have to offer an easy way for cache owners to move or
                    cross-list their caches and for finders to move or copy their finds
                    with those caches.

                    Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
                    strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

                    HW

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scout" <Scout@G...> wrote:

                    > "Grajek" wrote:
                    > > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
                    > > their participants 20x better. :-)
                    >
                    > GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
                    > GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
                    > to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
                    > necessary. The welcome mat is always down.
                    >
                    > --
                    > Scout
                  • Scout
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                      "semperquestio" wrote:
                      > Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
                      > strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

                      GPSgames.org does not have every feature gc.com has, but gc.com does
                      not have every feature GPSgames.org has, either. GPSgames.org offers
                      the ability to list virtual caches, moving caches, caches without
                      paper logs, even locationless caches and other innovative ideas the
                      community cares to develop. It offers an open and democratic review
                      process. It offers a cache rating service and the ability to ignore
                      caches as well as watch them. It offers an open database for value-
                      added development by the community.

                      GPSgames.org offers an alternative for players who care about those
                      things. For those who don't, gc.com is a great alternative. It has a
                      lot of features itself and everyone knows it has the caches.

                      Choice is good.

                      --
                      Scout http://GPSgames.org