RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Finally did it

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
      It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that something in
      your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page, does your
      query have a line through it?

      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
        I've just done a new one for Jacksonville, FL and it came through within
        two minutes.

        Alex.

        At 19:02 02/12/2004, you wrote:
        >It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that something in
        >your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page, does your
        >query have a line through it?

      • Alex Alexander
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
          Hi Wayne,

          Is there any way that you can let me have a copy of Mapsource v4. The one
          that is routeable on the 60CS? I'm going to Florida at the end of next
          week and will be lost without the routing facility on the 60CS.

          Alex.
        • Alex Alexander
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
            Aw spit.....

            Don't you just hate it when you forget to paste the email address into the
            To: box and private email goes onto the group.

            OK. I confess, I'm guilty of conspiracy to software piracy. I promise I
            won't do it again. :)

            Alex.

            At 19:24 02/12/2004, you wrote:
            >Hi Wayne,
            >
            >Is there any way that you can let me have a copy of Mapsource v4. The one
            >that is routeable on the 60CS? I'm going to Florida at the end of next
            >week and will be lost without the routing facility on the 60CS.
            >
            >Alex.
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            > *
            > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >
            > *
          • Kevin Dytrich
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
              I'm a dummy. I had forgotten to pick a day up at the top. When i did
              that, it took 2 mins.

              thanks to all.

              Kevin

              > I've just done a new one for Jacksonville, FL and it came through
              within
              > two minutes.
              >
              > Alex.
              >
              > At 19:02 02/12/2004, you wrote:
              > >It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that
              something in
              > >your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page,
              does your
              > >query have a line through it?

            • lowracer
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.

                On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

                > I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
                > Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                > want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
                > do I get it; in my e-mail?
                >
                > thanks,
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                > <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                > <l.gif>

                > Service.

              • Michele Pain
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                  but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?

                  On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:

                  > It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                  > use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.
                  >
                  > On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
                  >

                  >> I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became
                  >> Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                  >> want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but
                  >> how
                  >> do I get it; in my e-mail?
                  >>
                  >> thanks,
                  >>

                  >> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                  >> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                  >> <l.gif>
                  >>
                  >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                  >>
                  >> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
                  >>
                  >> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                  >>
                  >> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                  >> Service.

                • lowracer
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                    GeoToad can easily be adapted to search other sites as well as
                    Seattle's site.

                    On Dec 2, 2004, at 6:46 PM, Michele Pain wrote:

                    > but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?
                    >
                    > On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:
                    >
                    >> It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                    >> use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.
                    >>
                    >> On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
                    >>

                    >>> I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and
                    >>> became a
                    >>> Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but
                    >>> want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but
                    >>> how
                    >>> do I get it; in my e-mail?
                    >>>
                    >>> thanks,
                    >>>

                    >>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    >>> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                    >>> <l.gif>
                    >>>
                    >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >>>
                    >>> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
                    >>>
                    >>> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                    >>>
                    >>> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                    >>> Service.

                  • Grajek
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004

                      The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat their participants 20x better.  :-)

                      but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?

                      On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:

                      It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.

                      On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

                      I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
                      Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                      want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
                      do I get it; in my e-mail?

                      thanks,

                      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                      <l.gif>

                      • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                      ---
                      Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                      ---

                    • Scout
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                        "Grajek" wrote:
                        > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
                        > their participants 20x better. :-)

                        GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
                        GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
                        to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
                        necessary. The welcome mat is always down.

                        --
                        Scout
                      • semperquestio
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                          Therein lies part of the problem. Folks are spoiled to the bells and
                          whistles and few will turn to other sites that don't have them.

                          The old BBS days of 'check this out, lets see if we can do something
                          with it' are over. Now, internet users expect content- and
                          feature-rich sites right from the start.

                          For another site to grow it has to offer as much, if not more,
                          funcitonality and features, than the other sites out there from day 1.
                          They also have to offer an easy way for cache owners to move or
                          cross-list their caches and for finders to move or copy their finds
                          with those caches.

                          Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
                          strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

                          HW

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scout" <Scout@G...> wrote:

                          > "Grajek" wrote:
                          > > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
                          > > their participants 20x better. :-)
                          >
                          > GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
                          > GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
                          > to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
                          > necessary. The welcome mat is always down.
                          >
                          > --
                          > Scout
                        • Scout
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                            "semperquestio" wrote:
                            > Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
                            > strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

                            GPSgames.org does not have every feature gc.com has, but gc.com does
                            not have every feature GPSgames.org has, either. GPSgames.org offers
                            the ability to list virtual caches, moving caches, caches without
                            paper logs, even locationless caches and other innovative ideas the
                            community cares to develop. It offers an open and democratic review
                            process. It offers a cache rating service and the ability to ignore
                            caches as well as watch them. It offers an open database for value-
                            added development by the community.

                            GPSgames.org offers an alternative for players who care about those
                            things. For those who don't, gc.com is a great alternative. It has a
                            lot of features itself and everyone knows it has the caches.

                            Choice is good.

                            --
                            Scout http://GPSgames.org