Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Finally did it

  • Michele Pain
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
      Good for you! I appreciate your willingness to support the sport I love
      to participate in!
      Shelly

      On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

      > I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
      > Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
      > want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
      > do I get it; in my e-mail?
      >
      > thanks,
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      > <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
      > <l.gif>

      > Service.

    • Kevin Dytrich
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
        > Yes, you should recieve an email with either a GPX or ZIP file
        depending on
        > what you chose.

        Thanks, Wayne. It's been over an hour now and I've seen nothing. I
        chose zip.

        Kevin
      • Wayne Lind
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
          It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that something in
          your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page, does your
          query have a line through it?

          > Yes, you should recieve an email with either a GPX or ZIP file
          depending on
          > what you chose.

          Thanks, Wayne. It's been over an hour now and I've seen nothing. I
          chose zip.

          Kevin

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Alex Alexander
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
            I've just done a new one for Jacksonville, FL and it came through within
            two minutes.

            Alex.

            At 19:02 02/12/2004, you wrote:
            >It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that something in
            >your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page, does your
            >query have a line through it?

          • Alex Alexander
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
              Hi Wayne,

              Is there any way that you can let me have a copy of Mapsource v4. The one
              that is routeable on the 60CS? I'm going to Florida at the end of next
              week and will be lost without the routing facility on the 60CS.

              Alex.
            • Alex Alexander
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                Aw spit.....

                Don't you just hate it when you forget to paste the email address into the
                To: box and private email goes onto the group.

                OK. I confess, I'm guilty of conspiracy to software piracy. I promise I
                won't do it again. :)

                Alex.

                At 19:24 02/12/2004, you wrote:
                >Hi Wayne,
                >
                >Is there any way that you can let me have a copy of Mapsource v4. The one
                >that is routeable on the 60CS? I'm going to Florida at the end of next
                >week and will be lost without the routing facility on the 60CS.
                >
                >Alex.
                >

                >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                > *
                > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                >
                > *
              • Kevin Dytrich
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                  I'm a dummy. I had forgotten to pick a day up at the top. When i did
                  that, it took 2 mins.

                  thanks to all.

                  Kevin

                  > I've just done a new one for Jacksonville, FL and it came through
                  within
                  > two minutes.
                  >
                  > Alex.
                  >
                  > At 19:02 02/12/2004, you wrote:
                  > >It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that
                  something in
                  > >your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page,
                  does your
                  > >query have a line through it?

                • lowracer
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                    It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                    use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.

                    On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

                    > I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
                    > Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                    > want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
                    > do I get it; in my e-mail?
                    >
                    > thanks,
                    >

                    > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    > <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                    > <l.gif>

                    > Service.

                  • Michele Pain
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                      but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?

                      On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:

                      > It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                      > use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.
                      >
                      > On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
                      >

                      >> I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became
                      >> Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                      >> want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but
                      >> how
                      >> do I get it; in my e-mail?
                      >>
                      >> thanks,
                      >>

                      >> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                      >> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                      >> <l.gif>
                      >>
                      >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                      >>
                      >> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
                      >>
                      >> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                      >>
                      >> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                      >> Service.

                    • lowracer
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                        GeoToad can easily be adapted to search other sites as well as
                        Seattle's site.

                        On Dec 2, 2004, at 6:46 PM, Michele Pain wrote:

                        > but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?
                        >
                        > On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:
                        >
                        >> It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                        >> use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.
                        >>
                        >> On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
                        >>

                        >>> I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and
                        >>> became a
                        >>> Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but
                        >>> want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but
                        >>> how
                        >>> do I get it; in my e-mail?
                        >>>
                        >>> thanks,
                        >>>

                        >>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        >>> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                        >>> <l.gif>
                        >>>
                        >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
                        >>>
                        >>> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
                        >>>
                        >>> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                        >>>
                        >>> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                        >>> Service.

                      • Grajek
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004

                          The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat their participants 20x better.  :-)

                          but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?

                          On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:

                          It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.

                          On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

                          I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
                          Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                          want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
                          do I get it; in my e-mail?

                          thanks,

                          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                          <l.gif>

                          • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                          ---
                          Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                          ---

                        • Scout
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                            "Grajek" wrote:
                            > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
                            > their participants 20x better. :-)

                            GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
                            GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
                            to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
                            necessary. The welcome mat is always down.

                            --
                            Scout
                          • semperquestio
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                              Therein lies part of the problem. Folks are spoiled to the bells and
                              whistles and few will turn to other sites that don't have them.

                              The old BBS days of 'check this out, lets see if we can do something
                              with it' are over. Now, internet users expect content- and
                              feature-rich sites right from the start.

                              For another site to grow it has to offer as much, if not more,
                              funcitonality and features, than the other sites out there from day 1.
                              They also have to offer an easy way for cache owners to move or
                              cross-list their caches and for finders to move or copy their finds
                              with those caches.

                              Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
                              strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

                              HW

                              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scout" <Scout@G...> wrote:

                              > "Grajek" wrote:
                              > > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
                              > > their participants 20x better. :-)
                              >
                              > GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
                              > GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
                              > to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
                              > necessary. The welcome mat is always down.
                              >
                              > --
                              > Scout
                            • Scout
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                                "semperquestio" wrote:
                                > Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
                                > strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

                                GPSgames.org does not have every feature gc.com has, but gc.com does
                                not have every feature GPSgames.org has, either. GPSgames.org offers
                                the ability to list virtual caches, moving caches, caches without
                                paper logs, even locationless caches and other innovative ideas the
                                community cares to develop. It offers an open and democratic review
                                process. It offers a cache rating service and the ability to ignore
                                caches as well as watch them. It offers an open database for value-
                                added development by the community.

                                GPSgames.org offers an alternative for players who care about those
                                things. For those who don't, gc.com is a great alternative. It has a
                                lot of features itself and everyone knows it has the caches.

                                Choice is good.

                                --
                                Scout http://GPSgames.org