Finally did it

  • Kevin Dytrich
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
      I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
      Premium member (of Groundspeak). Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
      want to try some Pocket Queries. I just created my first one, but how
      do I get it; in my e-mail?

      thanks,
    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
        Yes, you should recieve an email with either a GPX or ZIP file depending on
        what you chose.

        I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
        Premium member (of Groundspeak). Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
        want to try some Pocket Queries. I just created my first one, but how
        do I get it; in my e-mail?

        thanks,

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Michele Pain
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
          Good for you! I appreciate your willingness to support the sport I love
          to participate in!
          Shelly

          On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

          > I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
          > Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
          > want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
          > do I get it; in my e-mail?
          >
          > thanks,
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          > <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
          > <l.gif>

          > Service.

        • Kevin Dytrich
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
            > Yes, you should recieve an email with either a GPX or ZIP file
            depending on
            > what you chose.

            Thanks, Wayne. It's been over an hour now and I've seen nothing. I
            chose zip.

            Kevin
          • Wayne Lind
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
              It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that something in
              your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page, does your
              query have a line through it?

              > Yes, you should recieve an email with either a GPX or ZIP file
              depending on
              > what you chose.

              Thanks, Wayne. It's been over an hour now and I've seen nothing. I
              chose zip.

              Kevin

              Yahoo! Groups Links
            • Alex Alexander
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                I've just done a new one for Jacksonville, FL and it came through within
                two minutes.

                Alex.

                At 19:02 02/12/2004, you wrote:
                >It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that something in
                >your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page, does your
                >query have a line through it?

              • Alex Alexander
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                  Hi Wayne,

                  Is there any way that you can let me have a copy of Mapsource v4. The one
                  that is routeable on the 60CS? I'm going to Florida at the end of next
                  week and will be lost without the routing facility on the 60CS.

                  Alex.
                • Alex Alexander
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                    Aw spit.....

                    Don't you just hate it when you forget to paste the email address into the
                    To: box and private email goes onto the group.

                    OK. I confess, I'm guilty of conspiracy to software piracy. I promise I
                    won't do it again. :)

                    Alex.

                    At 19:24 02/12/2004, you wrote:
                    >Hi Wayne,
                    >
                    >Is there any way that you can let me have a copy of Mapsource v4. The one
                    >that is routeable on the 60CS? I'm going to Florida at the end of next
                    >week and will be lost without the routing facility on the 60CS.
                    >
                    >Alex.
                    >

                    >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                    > *
                    > <mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>CentralTexasGeocachers-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    >
                    > *
                  • Kevin Dytrich
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                      I'm a dummy. I had forgotten to pick a day up at the top. When i did
                      that, it took 2 mins.

                      thanks to all.

                      Kevin

                      > I've just done a new one for Jacksonville, FL and it came through
                      within
                      > two minutes.
                      >
                      > Alex.
                      >
                      > At 19:02 02/12/2004, you wrote:
                      > >It is normally a lot faster then that, so I would guess that
                      something in
                      > >your query is unprocessable. When you go back into the query page,
                      does your
                      > >query have a line through it?

                    • lowracer
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                        It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                        use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.

                        On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

                        > I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
                        > Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                        > want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
                        > do I get it; in my e-mail?
                        >
                        > thanks,
                        >

                        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        > <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                        > <l.gif>

                        > Service.

                      • Michele Pain
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                          but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?

                          On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:

                          > It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                          > use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.
                          >
                          > On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
                          >

                          >> I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became
                          >> Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                          >> want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but
                          >> how
                          >> do I get it; in my e-mail?
                          >>
                          >> thanks,
                          >>

                          >> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          >> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                          >> <l.gif>
                          >>
                          >> Yahoo! Groups Links
                          >>
                          >> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
                          >>
                          >> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                          >>
                          >> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                          >> Service.

                        • lowracer
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004
                            GeoToad can easily be adapted to search other sites as well as
                            Seattle's site.

                            On Dec 2, 2004, at 6:46 PM, Michele Pain wrote:

                            > but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?
                            >
                            > On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:
                            >
                            >> It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and
                            >> use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.
                            >>
                            >> On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:
                            >>

                            >>> I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and
                            >>> became a
                            >>> Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but
                            >>> want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but
                            >>> how
                            >>> do I get it; in my e-mail?
                            >>>
                            >>> thanks,
                            >>>

                            >>> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                            >>> <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                            >>> <l.gif>
                            >>>
                            >>> Yahoo! Groups Links
                            >>>
                            >>> • To visit your group on the web, go to:
                            >>>
                            >>> • To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
                            >>>
                            >>> • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
                            >>> Service.

                          • Grajek
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 2, 2004

                              The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat their participants 20x better.  :-)

                              but if no body supports the site what will geotoad search?

                              On Dec 2, 2004, at 3:43 PM, lowracer wrote:

                              It's not too late to cancel your membership, get your money back, and use GeoToad for free to get pocket query functionality plus more.

                              On Dec 2, 2004, at 11:38 AM, Kevin Dytrich wrote:

                              I broke down and signed up for Paypal and registered GSAK and became a
                              Premium member (of Groundspeak).  Yeah, it grated on me to pay, but I
                              want to try some Pocket Queries.  I just created my first one, but how
                              do I get it; in my e-mail?

                              thanks,

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                              <111704_1104_g_300250a.gif>
                              <l.gif>

                              • Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service .

                              ---
                              Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

                              ---

                            • Scout
                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                                "Grajek" wrote:
                                > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
                                > their participants 20x better. :-)

                                GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
                                GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
                                to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
                                necessary. The welcome mat is always down.

                                --
                                Scout
                              • semperquestio
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                                  Therein lies part of the problem. Folks are spoiled to the bells and
                                  whistles and few will turn to other sites that don't have them.

                                  The old BBS days of 'check this out, lets see if we can do something
                                  with it' are over. Now, internet users expect content- and
                                  feature-rich sites right from the start.

                                  For another site to grow it has to offer as much, if not more,
                                  funcitonality and features, than the other sites out there from day 1.
                                  They also have to offer an easy way for cache owners to move or
                                  cross-list their caches and for finders to move or copy their finds
                                  with those caches.

                                  Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
                                  strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

                                  HW

                                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scout" <Scout@G...> wrote:

                                  > "Grajek" wrote:
                                  > > The other sites that will spring up to fill the void and treat
                                  > > their participants 20x better. :-)
                                  >
                                  > GPSgames.org is already there. It doesn't have pocket queries and
                                  > GeoToad doesn't support it, but similar functionality will be added
                                  > to the site if and when there are enough caches listed to make it
                                  > necessary. The welcome mat is always down.
                                  >
                                  > --
                                  > Scout
                                • Scout
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 3, 2004
                                    "semperquestio" wrote:
                                    > Until all that is available on an alternative site, I doubt very
                                    > strongly that GC has anything to worry about from competition.

                                    GPSgames.org does not have every feature gc.com has, but gc.com does
                                    not have every feature GPSgames.org has, either. GPSgames.org offers
                                    the ability to list virtual caches, moving caches, caches without
                                    paper logs, even locationless caches and other innovative ideas the
                                    community cares to develop. It offers an open and democratic review
                                    process. It offers a cache rating service and the ability to ignore
                                    caches as well as watch them. It offers an open database for value-
                                    added development by the community.

                                    GPSgames.org offers an alternative for players who care about those
                                    things. For those who don't, gc.com is a great alternative. It has a
                                    lot of features itself and everyone knows it has the caches.

                                    Choice is good.

                                    --
                                    Scout http://GPSgames.org